Geography 20 marker

Watch this thread
ecrick03
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My geography teacher got sent some photos of some questions that appeared on the AS physical paper and the 20 marker for hazards has got me thinking a bit.

The question is 'Earthquakes have a greater impact on the human characteristics of place than the physical characteristics of place.' With reference to a recent seismic event you have studied, how far do you agree with the statement above?

I know they won't use the same question but it got me wondering whether they could set a question relating to a human topic. I'm going to try and plan an answer to this just in case they may link topics. Thought this may be helpful
c_hindle1204
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
what exam board are you??
Bobita600
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by c_hindle1204)
what exam board are you??
Probably not Edexcel because I have never seen anything worded like that :0
Last edited by Bobita600; 1 month ago
c_hindle1204
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I was thinking that! I can see the Edexcel 12 marker on tectonics being heavily focused around hazard adaptation and mitigation with the question focusing on modifying the loss, vulnerability or event!
(Original post by Bobita600)
Probably not Edexcel because I have never seen anything worded like that :0
Bobita600
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I was thinking that! I can see the Edexcel 12 marker on tectonics being heavily focused around hazard adaptation and mitigation with the question focusing on modifying the loss, vulnerability or event!
Yesss that’s what our teacher has said!!
Bobita600
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Btwww - is the Edexcel paper 1 geography thread working for you? I can’t see past page 6, it tells me the link is invalid..
Hmmm
Fireyfox123
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bobita600)
Btwww - is the Edexcel paper 1 geography thread working for you? I can’t see past page 6, it tells me the link is invalid..
Hmmm
yup it's says the same thing for me
Bobita600
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fireyfox123)
yup it's says the same thing for me
Hmmm that’s so strange because I’m still getting emails about people sending messages on there :000
ellisrosek
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I was thinking the same thing, has anyone got any other predictions? I think the coasts 20 might be on consequences of either flooding or erosion but not too sure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads