Student Finance Amount Due

Watch this thread
CoryDeAth
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there,

Having recently applied for student finance, I was under the impression I would be eligible for almost the full maintenance loan (~£9407). However, I have been told by SFE that I'll be receiving approx. £4550.

The letter they sent stated that to begin with, they give you the minimum amount to cover any costs when first starting my course, however I'd appreciate confirmation and some reassurance that it does get rectified after a while...

Anyone been through this process?
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CoryDeAth)
Hi there,

Having recently applied for student finance, I was under the impression I would be eligible for almost the full maintenance loan (~£9407). However, I have been told by SFE that I'll be receiving approx. £4550.

The letter they sent stated that to begin with, they give you the minimum amount to cover any costs when first starting my course, however I'd appreciate confirmation and some reassurance that it does get rectified after a while...

Anyone been through this process?
Hi there,

Have you had your application based on the household income?

Thanks, Erin
CoryDeAth
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Erin SFE)
Hi there,

Have you had your application based on the household income?

Thanks, Erin
All information has been submitted and been marked as such by SFE, so I'm not sure whether it's been processed or whether there is stuff being processed behind the scenes. Beyond that, the SFE website isn't much help.

As I say, based on household income, I was predicted to be in one of the lower brackets and so receive a higher loan.

thank you!
Jen SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CoryDeAth)
All information has been submitted and been marked as such by SFE, so I'm not sure whether it's been processed or whether there is stuff being processed behind the scenes. Beyond that, the SFE website isn't much help.

As I say, based on household income, I was predicted to be in one of the lower brackets and so receive a higher loan.

thank you!
Hi there,

Send us a secure message or live chat by logging into your online account - http://ow.ly/Vvlg30mnEl0. You'll be able to send us a secure message by going into 'your personal details' or 'your inbox'. We can then check you have been awarded the correct entitlement.

Thanks, Jen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (24)
32.88%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (34)
46.58%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
19.18%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.37%

Watched Threads