A*BB with AAB Offer ...

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, So i got a conditional offer for AAB, (For Computer Science) and I was wondering if they are leniant with the grades, such as if i got A*AC, or A*BB or AAC or something on those lines?

The original grades were supposed to be AAA but if you took Computer Science as an a-level, as long as you get an A in it (which im sure I will), the offer requirements are AAB.
LibertyoLee99
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hiya, there this usually some leniency with grades given that you get a high grade in the subject you want to study but nothing can be guaranteed. It depends on how many offer holders get grades etc. If in doubt, you could drop an email to the school.
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Maybe, but there is no guarantee. Strictly speaking a A*BB does not meet an AAB offer since you did not get at least two As and at least one B - you can't assume universities will "average" your results and take a higher result in one subject with a lower result in another. This is even more true if the lower result is in an essential subject (like maths for the example of CS).

You would have to get in touch with them on results day if that is the case and see if they will consider you as a near miss. It would be entirely at their discretion though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (57)
26.51%
As I expected (68)
31.63%
Harder (82)
38.14%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.72%

Watched Threads