Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you were aiming for an A/B, is it time to start revising properly for it every day?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much - little and often is the best way for bio

ReputationRep:
    isit good to start light revision now and then december time start intensive revision? or start intensive revision now?

ReputationRep:
    From personal experience, don't start intensive revision until much nearer the time. you will wear yourself out and then not do as well as you could. just revise a little now, a bit more in December and the few weeks before the exam do intense revision.

Also, i know this isn't exactly the best attitude but theres plenty of opportunities to resit this first paper so even if it goes worse than expected don't worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeon Prince)
    isit good to start light revision now and then december time start intensive revision? or start intensive revision now?
    Light revision now - make sure you understand the basic concepts of what's going on (flowcharts might help).

Picture the processes in your head. Flashcards are good for biology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Snips)
    Light revision now - make sure you understand the basic concepts of what's going on (flowcharts might help).

Picture the processes in your head. Flashcards are good for biology
    yeah a lot of people are telling me flashcards are good so i might give them a try. btw what do yall class as light revision? cause im only doing 1-2hrs a day atm..

ReputationRep:
    yeah a lot of people are telling me flashcards are good so i might give them a try. btw what do yall class as light revision? cause im only doing 1-2hrs a day atm..
    I'd class light revision as writing up notes in the class, while going over them at the same time. Try to do that as much possible or each time you've just had that lesson.

ReputationRep:
    1 - 2 hours of biology per day? Or 1 - 2 hours including all your subjects? 1 - 2 hours for just biology is way more than light. You just need to grasp the concept of each topic first. But if you feel like doing 1 - 2 hours a day then it's nobodies choice but your own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Snips)
    1 - 2 hours of biology per day? Or 1 - 2 hours including all your subjects? 1 - 2 hours for just biology is way more than light. You just need to grasp the concept of each topic first. But if you feel like doing 1 - 2 hours a day then it's nobodies choice but your own.
    1-2 hours of biology per day, reason i said its light because some of my friends have already started doing 3-4hrs+ so compared to them its pretty light

ReputationRep:
    1-2 hours of biology per day, reason i said its light because some of my friends have already started doing 3-4hrs+ so compared to them its pretty light
    Your friends sound like the competitive type. This kind of person is only driven to do well by the prospect of being 'top of the class'

ReputationRep:
    I revise Biology differently.
    I like speninding some time looking through the textbook/notes before I sleep. My knowledge of Biology sort of accumulates through time.

For other subjets, i usually revise 1-2 weeks before exams

ReputationRep:
    I am dreading this exam. My teachers are making us go to revision sesions after school on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. :\

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 14, 2008

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.