Uni Drop-Out, returning to study Law

Watch this thread
megan200233
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Okay, so I have decided to return to university after previously dropping out of my course (for a number of various reasons). One of which was that i decided i wanted to study law rather than history.
However, my main concern at the moment is that i will be unable to obtain any work experience or find a job once they find out that I previously dropped out of a degree.
I’m just wondering wether this is something that I would be able to ‘hide’ or bury in my application, and wether it would have a significant impact. Will it limit my ability to get work experience? Or block me from working at top firms?
I would appreciate any insight.
Gmaster1980
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by megan200233)
Okay, so I have decided to return to university after previously dropping out of my course (for a number of various reasons). One of which was that i decided i wanted to study law rather than history.
However, my main concern at the moment is that i will be unable to obtain any work experience or find a job once they find out that I previously dropped out of a degree.
I’m just wondering wether this is something that I would be able to ‘hide’ or bury in my application, and wether it would have a significant impact. Will it limit my ability to get work experience? Or block me from working at top firms?
I would appreciate any insight.
You wouldn't be able to bury it. You could mitigate it by going above and beyond though. Short of being exceptional this time around, firms are going to see it as a pretty big red flag.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (13)
28.89%
As I expected (12)
26.67%
Harder (18)
40%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
4.44%

Watched Threads