same dress as my friend

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Initially my friend told me she was going to get a red dress for prom so I made a mental note not to get a red one and I looked online and I found a really nice navy one for myself. I ordered it a couple days ago and didn't tell her because I completely forgot because of revising for exams and things. Last night she messaged me and said that she got a navy dress. And I don't know what to do now. I haven't replied yet. What do I say? Should I tell her that I got the same colour or should I return it and get a different colour?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Initially my friend told me she was going to get a red dress for prom so I made a mental note not to get a red one and I looked online and I found a really nice navy one for myself. I ordered it a couple days ago and didn't tell her because I completely forgot because of revising for exams and things. Last night she messaged me and said that she got a navy dress. And I don't know what to do now. I haven't replied yet. What do I say? Should I tell her that I got the same colour or should I return it and get a different colour?
to not get a red one*
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Does it matter if you are in the same colour dress...?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
have you previously discussed that you want to wear different colour dresses? like was it an agreement?

honestly, i would talk to her about it - explain that you got the same colour dress accidentally, apologise for not telling her sooner. and ask what she feels about it. if you're good friends, you should be able to conclude that either both of you wear the same colour dress or one of you changes. good luck xx
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Say nothing. Turn up for the prom in whatever dress suits YOU best. And have a great time.

You are most likely to have a great time by using the prom as an opportunity to practise your social skills.
When you get some spare time, do some research on what constitutes good social skills. And then use the prom as a place to try to practise what you've learnt.

All this stuff about dress colours: TOTALLY UNIMPORTANT.

Your personal development: IMPORTANT.

Your personal development is more important than what anyone at the prom thinks of you. They're just idiot schoolchildren that don't know their arses from their elbows.
Cimija
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Does it really matter? If you'll lose a friend because of a dress, well it means this was not a friend to you. It's your only 1 life and you have to do whatever you want to do, you won't get another chance
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (17)
27.42%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (31)
50%
First aid skills (3)
4.84%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.61%
Sign language (8)
12.9%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (1)
1.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.61%

Watched Threads