Is science needed for architecture

Watch this thread
laura.mcn
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
If I wanted to apply for a architecture course would I need some science qualifications (nat5/higher) to get in (all I have is a nat5 in maths aswell)
normaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by laura.mcn)
If I wanted to apply for a architecture course would I need some science qualifications (nat5/higher) to get in (all I have is a nat5 in maths aswell)
A few unis require or prefer maths and/or physics A level or equivalent - some Cambridge colleges, Bath, Strathclyde. Manchester 'prefers' a combination of science and other subjects. The rest don't specify subjects but do require evidence of your creativity through a portfolio submitted during the application process.
laura.mcn
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by normaw)
A few unis require or prefer maths and/or physics A level or equivalent - some Cambridge colleges, Bath, Strathclyde. Manchester 'prefers' a combination of science and other subjects. The rest don't specify subjects but do require evidence of your creativity through a portfolio submitted during the application process.
Thanks! I do a lot of art so a portfolio isn’t really a problem, I just dropped all types of stem subjects and was worried if that ruled architecture out at a potential course
Last edited by laura.mcn; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (48)
26.09%
As I expected (60)
32.61%
Harder (68)
36.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.35%

Watched Threads