Should I still be friends with my bff?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have a friend that ive been close with for ages, but this year ive been noticing that she only asks me to hang out if she cant find any of her other friends, and if she wants to go somewhere and no one else wants to go she drags me with her. Whenever shes with one of her freinds she literally forgets im there too, and when we do talk she acts like shes such a good person, which i feel is decieptful bc i know shes not.

Idk i kinda want to drop her as a friend but im not sure if i should, bc i feel like she doesnt notice what she does is hurtful, even though i feel really upset.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
hi! before completely dropping her, try talking to her about how you're feeling. i know it must seem daunting, but maybe even sending her a text might work to get your message across.

if she gets really defensive and upset with you for the message, then that's an immediate sign to drop her and distance yourself - you don't want to be with someone who doesn't value you and your feelings.
if she is genuinely apologetic, i would try and give her a second chance - maybe she doesn't purposefully mean to hurt you. however, if she continues to ignore you and make you upset once you've talked to her, i would slowly distance myself from her.

you deserve a best friend that cares about you as much as you care about them. good luck <3
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
No, it looks like the days of any genuine friendship from either one of you are long over.
She doesn't sounds anything like a friend and it seems that you don't have much friendly feeling for her either.
Good luck!
Amourrose
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
if you need a new best friend i am here so we can get to know each other
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads