What does it mean if a guy stares at you but never approaches you?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
There's this guy in one of my classes who i always catch him staring at me, we have never really talked apart from exchanging a word or two in class, and this has been going on for about three months. The stare is not really friendly it's kind of just blank, so i don't know how to interpret it as.
Since this has been bothering me i searched it up, and kept getting answers such as "he's too shy" or "he likes you but doesn't know how to approach you". The thing is that he isn't really shy and can talk to people pretty easily so if he genuinely found me attractive he could've approached me or something. I also see him talk to attractive girls with no problem so i have no idea as to why he won't just talk..

is he a psycho or maybe just finds my face easy to look at idk???
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
either he finds you pretty and intimidating, or you might just be in his line of sight?
try striking up a conversation with him, maybe about class or something you know he's interested in. if he is as confident as you say he is, he'll have no problem talking to you! if he is super awkward and shy, then yeah he might have a crush.

or maybe he might be harbouring a deep and mysterious secret, perhaps you remind him of an ex-lover or someone he used to know...
Ackhnologia
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
There's this guy in one of my classes who i always catch him staring at me, we have never really talked apart from exchanging a word or two in class, and this has been going on for about three months. The stare is not really friendly it's kind of just blank, so i don't know how to interpret it as.
Since this has been bothering me i searched it up, and kept getting answers such as "he's too shy" or "he likes you but doesn't know how to approach you". The thing is that he isn't really shy and can talk to people pretty easily so if he genuinely found me attractive he could've approached me or something. I also see him talk to attractive girls with no problem so i have no idea as to why he won't just talk..

is he a psycho or maybe just finds my face easy to look at idk???
This shows that you are surely are not an adult. If you were then you lack some maturity.
A man can talk to anyone with confidence but becomes shy to just to even look at a woman they love.

Why are you waiting for him to approach you?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ackhnologia)
This shows that you are surely are not an adult. If you were then you lack some maturity.
A man can talk to anyone with confidence but becomes shy to just to even look at a woman they love.

Why are you waiting for him to approach you?
Yes, I'm not an adult yet but I just think that I'm way too inexperienced in this field so I don't know how to judge this situation.
I don't think he finds me attractive based on the blank stare he gives me, and I'm also shy and scared to confront and approach him.
Ackhnologia
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, I'm not an adult yet but I just think that I'm way too inexperienced in this field so I don't know how to judge this situation.
I don't think he finds me attractive based on the blank stare he gives me, and I'm also shy and scared to confront and approach him.
Take your time then. And see how things go.
Hannibal Buress
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
The blank stare reminds me of when I had severe maladaptive daydreaming, I wouldn't even realize when I was randomly staring at people.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Are you at high school, college or university?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hannibal Buress)
The blank stare reminds me of when I had severe maladaptive daydreaming, I wouldn't even realize when I was randomly staring at people.
that actually might explain it
Anonymous #1
(Original post by gtty123)
Are you at high school, college or university?
I'm in college
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm in college
Tbh, he could just really want to be friends before leaving for university/apprenticeship etc.
zuluwarrior7650
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
he wants ur thicc bussy
Last edited by zuluwarrior7650; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.25%
As I expected (24)
30%
Harder (30)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.25%

Watched Threads