Belly button piercing not healing

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I got my belly button pierced in the summer 2018 by a professional piercer. I've had 2 other ear piercings from here that have healed perfectly. However my belly button has never actually healed, in the last 4 years it will have gone from being okay to suddenly the bottom part smelling bad and have crusts all over it to the point it's stuck to my skin. The top part of my piercing was always okay but for the last 6 months it's gotten so bad and the top is all red and crusty and the bottom quite pussy with crusts and a bad smell. The bottom also has some red ring round it from my skin. The bar is titanium which my ears have had no problem with and I clean it with water with a bit of sea salt in it but it seems to be doing nothing. I really love this piercing and while the easy option seems to take it out id really love to keep it if there's any solution to helping it?
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Go & see your doctor it sounds like you might need antibiotics. This can go so bad so quickly if you don't respect the infection.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I got my belly button pierced in the summer 2018 by a professional piercer. I've had 2 other ear piercings from here that have healed perfectly. However my belly button has never actually healed, in the last 4 years it will have gone from being okay to suddenly the bottom part smelling bad and have crusts all over it to the point it's stuck to my skin. The top part of my piercing was always okay but for the last 6 months it's gotten so bad and the top is all red and crusty and the bottom quite pussy with crusts and a bad smell. The bottom also has some red ring round it from my skin. The bar is titanium which my ears have had no problem with and I clean it with water with a bit of sea salt in it but it seems to be doing nothing. I really love this piercing and while the easy option seems to take it out id really love to keep it if there's any solution to helping it?
It sounds like it's been infected. Go to your GP as you may need antibiotics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads