Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello people!

The sequel to the critically acclaimed retro arcade game, Darwinia, is out on PC! It's like Darwinia, but MULTIPLAYER!!! :eek:

For those who don't know what Darwinia is, google it. But in short, its a simple, but stupidly fun, game with retro looking, but well done, graphics (i guess something like geometry wars on xbox?) and the first game centred around digital people called Darwinians who are being attacked by a virus, and you've gotta save them.

The game got high 90's% in several PC game magazines, including PC Gamer, which is pretty rare, and Multiwinia has roughly the same ratings as well.

The problem is... no one knows about it.

Even though its a great game, and even though it has really good reviews, the makers generated hardly any hype. I'm gettin sick and tired of not finding enough people to play.

So here's my request.

Could all those who are willing to at least try the game, do so please?

The Multiwinia website is here: http://www.introversion.co.uk/multiwinia/
    The Darwinia website is here: http://www.introversion.co.uk/darwinia/

You can download the full game from there (and theyre small files), but without paying for a cd key, u are restricted to demo status. You can still play quite a few maps and play online tho.

ReputationRep:
    I loved darwinia, when i get some free time I am planning to get this, problem is a heap of decent games have been released recently, also trying to play through the fallout games (1 and 2). Spend all weekend with my girlfriend and work 40 hours a week.

Along prep for med school and volunteer stuff my gaming hobby seems to be getting neglected.

I need a week off just for gaming I think!

ReputationRep:
    Woot! im glad someone else liked darwinia.

Definitely play it when you can, and spread the word! Multiwinia needs more players!

ReputationRep:
    Multiwinia, multiwinia, we love you multiwinia!

Are you an active IV forum person, btw? :p:

ReputationRep:
    no im not, soz.

but yay! another fan!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.