NEED HELP: How to explain "withdrawal" from uni when you apply for new school

Watch this thread
alleeeeyyaaaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi guys,
I recently withdraw from my course (Politics & IR) to pursue my passion for culinary arts. I am somewhat conflicted about what I should write under the "previous education" section on my application form? Do I mention being withdrawn or is the study part completed? Or just say nothing?.......

any thoughts?

thank you x
Last edited by alleeeeyyaaaa; 4 weeks ago
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by alleeeeyyaaaa)
Hi guys, I recently withdraw from my course (Politics
hi, the post cut off, try reposting?
alleeeeyyaaaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CatInTheCorner)
hi, the post cut off, try reposting?
yep just did it x
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
For a UCAS application you need to include all prior study - it's a requirement.

If you're applying directly to another course provider outside of UCAS, then it's up to you. I don't see an issue including it though, you could just use it to illustrate how committed you are to your new path that you withdrew from your previous course to pursue it.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
As above, you must include the incomplete study in your education history, but it’s up to you whether you address it in your personal statement. It should be fairly self explanatory if it’s a change of subject, but it’s fairly easily to spin it positively if you include it there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (37)
26.62%
As I expected (46)
33.09%
Harder (49)
35.25%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
5.04%

Watched Threads