personal statement

Watch this thread
SH2005
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
if my interest in applying for medicine stemmed from my interest in mental health should i talk about that in my personal statement or does it strictly have to be physical health related?
bebann
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SH2005)
if my interest in applying for medicine stemmed from my interest in mental health should i talk about that in my personal statement or does it strictly have to be physical health related?
hii, although i didn’t apply for a medicine-based subject i would say that in any personal statement it should be as personal as possible !! if that’s where your interest stemmed, then stand by that and then link it directly to why u want to study medicine. if anything it’d make it more unique to talk abt ur own personal experience and how it got you to that subject i think.
again i don’t study that area so maybe check with someone else, but from everything i’ve heard i think it would be best to be honest and explain your interest that way :]]
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Pretty much the above - it’s better to keep it entirely personal to you and not run the risk of sounding like thousands of other applicants that say, year in year out, that they want to study medicine because they like helping people. I would imagine the admissions team would yawn reading something they’ve read before just worded in a different way.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 4 weeks ago
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
You don't need to say how you got interested in medicine necessarily - you can focus on 'why now'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (22)
31.88%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (26)
37.68%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (3)
4.35%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
4.35%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
5.8%
I’m starting to consider my university options (9)
13.04%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.45%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads