The Student Room Group

maths gcse

I'm in year 10 going in to year 11 currently working at a 6/7 in Maths. Is there anything specific I can do to get a grade 9 by the end of year 11.I have been trying to go through past papers for my year 10 mocks.
It’s no good just doing past papers and putting them away - see where you’re losing marks and pin point the topics you’re least confident on. Practice more questions of these types until you’re confident and getting full marks.

To get to that top grade 9 band, you need to be able to answer those tough questions that normally linger at the end of the paper. The only way to get 9 would be to ace these, so I’d advise that you focus on correcting these also before your exams.
there are many great internet resources such as maths genie and corbett maths. mathsgenie has a section of many worksheets seperated into grades. you can watch the videos to learn how to solve the problems then put it into practice. make sure to revisit topics you feel you know every so often to ensure that they have stuck in your brain, and just keep learning new techniques to solve problems until you have learn them all

Quick Reply

Latest