Living in London

Watch this thread
lindadrd
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi! I'll be moving in London this september to work as an assistant language in a high school. I am a bit worried about where to live (the rent is extremely expensive) and I was wondering what are your advices about living in London. Also, as a muslim I would like if it's possible to live with other muslim girls, so can you contact me please?
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
London is very expensive and central London is the most expensive. It depends where the school you will be working is based. The travel costs and time can soon add up if you don't live near by or within easy commute. Do you know which part of London your work will be based?
lindadrd
Rep:
(Original post by Kutie Karen)
London is very expensive and central London is the most expensive. It depends where the school you will be working is based. The travel costs and time can soon add up if you don't live near by or within easy commute. Do you know which part of London your work will be based?
Hi thank you for your answer! I'll be working in Kingsbury high school, which is located in the north of London!
Kutie Karen
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Kingsbury is a very diverse area and there are lots of options available there or around that area such as wembley. I am sure you will find something quite easily and if I remember correctly there a lot of asian food stores, restaurants and cultural shops selling traditional clothes and jewellry. There are a lot buses that go to Kingsbury so you could live a bit further out too if you wanted. Good luck
lindadrd
Rep:
Thank you so much for your answer! I just have another question, what is private housing?

Kingsbury is a very diverse area and there are lots of options available there or around that area such as wembley. I am sure you will find something quite easily and if I remember correctly there a lot of asian food stores, restaurants and cultural shops selling traditional clothes and jewellry. There are a lot buses that go to Kingsbury so you could live a bit further out too if you wanted. Good luck
Kutie Karen
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
That is where you rent from an private landlord and not the council. Usually they are individuals that rent out their homes.
lindadrd
Rep:
That is where you rent from an private landlord and not the council. Usually they are individuals that rent out their homes.
Thank you so much for taking your time to answer my questions! It really helped me a lot!
Kutie Karen
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lindadrd)
Thank you so much for taking your time to answer my questions! It really helped me a lot!
Good luck and enjoy your new job.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (13)
26.53%
As I expected (14)
28.57%
Harder (19)
38.78%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.12%

Watched Threads