Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this a good enough AS-level Revision Timetable? Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eekplanjw1.png

That might help to explain it

Write in when you're busy and timetable some revision sessions... I don't use times because it makes it to ridged and I then can't keep to it.

It's just nice to finish dinner for example and look at the timetable and think, okay, I've got maths and physics to do this evening, 1 hour and a half each... sometimes I just do an hour if I'm not feeling up to it lol

Make sure to leave some blank slots in your week because you will undoubtedly fall a little behind in the week and so you can catch up when you've got free time

ReputationRep:
    i never see the point in revision timetables. No one ever sticks to them. And the whole theory behind them is flawed.

1. Revision isnt about how much you do - its about what you do. 4 hours a night - like **** will you do four hours a night, But if you do, i think it is a complete waste of time. I think i could revise effectively for an exam in about 5 hours spread over about 2 weeks.

2. You are completely forgotten about going out etc. So that timetable means you go home, eat then work then go to bed. You need to realise that you need to create a acheiveable timetable, not a rediculous one.

3. I assume you are planning on doing all your revision in like the one/two weeks before the exam. (as 25 hours a week over the next 10 weeks or whatever - is a rediculous amount - so this must be for the one/two weeks leading into the exams). Revision should be little an often, do a bit everynight for about 30 mins. Pick a different subject each night, and hit a topic from that subject.

10 weeks - 70 days
    4 subject(ill guess) - thats about 17 days per subject with a few nights off. Split subject into about 8 topics - so thats doing a topic twice over the period. I reckon this would be much more benefiscial - and actually acheiveable. Obviously pick the revision up coming into the exams to like 1/2-3 hours a night.

ReputationRep:
    all you guys printing full day timetables. Thats seems a bit odd. As you only have a few days before your exams off (or none in my school before january). And it s completely rediculous to do lots of revision of topics a few days before you exam. Revision should start weeks before that - just read a different topic before you go to bed a night. Within a 10 weeks, i can assure you that you will be **** hot. And then last few days should be reserved for past papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eulerwaswrong)
    all you guys printing full day timetables. Thats seems a bit odd. As you only have a few days before your exams off (or none in my school before january). And it s completely rediculous to do lots of revision of topics a few days before you exam. Revision should start weeks before that - just read a different topic before you go to bed a night. Within a 10 weeks, i can assure you that you will be **** hot. And then last few days should be reserved for past papers.
    That doesn't work for everyone, I struggle to motivate myself if I know that I still have weeks/months to got until the exam. I always seem to do fine though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicangeli)
    That doesn't work for everyone, I struggle to motivate myself if I know that I still have weeks/months to got until the exam. I always seem to do fine though.
    Hmmmmmm. I can see what you saying but. Youd rather wait until a few days before you exam - work for like 6 hours a day, cramming stuff in fear. Completely abondaning your social life/your whole life than just spending about 20 minutes every night for a little reading before you go to bed.

I know you said its a motivation thing, but surely isnt the fear of not having a life for weeks is motivation enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    You know what I never revised for my as-levels or a-levels until about 3 days before the exam?

Do you know why this is? Becuause I learnt what i was meant to learn there and then..honestly, it helped so much, meant i didn't have to re-learn or go over things i hadn't paid attention too nearer the exams, and my revision simply consisted of praticen papers as I knew what i was meant too know before then...

honestly, it works for some people, not others though...but i ended up with aab
    same! although i was a) gutted about the B and b) only revised the night before. ah well, i was ill i suppose so that could be why. meh.

but yeah, doesnt work for everyone, just like revising in advance doesnt work for me, no matter how much my teachers have a go about it, because i can't remember it for more than a day or 2.

ReputationRep:
    Revision timetables are a waste of time; just revise when you feel like it.

ReputationRep:
    thats a lot of hours...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    same! although i was a) gutted about the B and b) only revised the night before. ah well, i was ill i suppose so that could be why. meh.

but yeah, doesnt work for everyone, just like revising in advance doesnt work for me, no matter how much my teachers have a go about it, because i can't remember it for more than a day or 2.
    but during the period of the exams that means youve got to completely abondon your social life. And what about if you havent got time before your exam to revise. I worked 4-10 the night before my physics exam and 4-8 the nnight before my maths last january - and i still managed to get really high As in both due to a couple of minutes every night.

ReputationRep:
    Are you taking homework into consideration?

ReputationRep:
    I've already started revising for June.
    3 and a half hours a week at the moment along with homework and further reading for English etc.

ReputationRep:
    25 hours a week of revision is probably too much at this time of the year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleaux)
    When are you revising for?! Please tell me it's not June.
    Lool NOT June, Its for my 4 AS-level exams in January!

ReputationRep:
    By the way Guys, I have given enough hours for leisure time because I play Badminton,Football and Indian sports,3times a week. My timetable includes time spent on Homework. So for example if I have 1hour of Maths to revise but I have homework, I would just that 1hour to do Homework instead. Also it is like 1hour per topic in the subject I study, for example in Philosophy I would spend 1hour on Empiricisim and then may be the next day on Rationalism etc.

But when it gets closer to exams i'l go more hardcore! When I revise I usually read all the notes I have and see what I can take in and then write a summary and bullet points of the main points,then just read them aloud and memorise them. then when im confident with the topics,I just do past papers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amit92)
    By the way Guys, I have given enough hours for leisure time because I play Badminton,Football and Indian sports,3times a week. My timetable includes time spent on Homework. So for example if I have 1hour of Maths to revise but I have homework, I would just that 1hour to do Homework instead. Also it is like 1hour per topic in the subject I study, for example in Philosophy I would spend 1hour on Empiricisim and then may be the next day on Rationalism etc.

But when it gets closer to exams i'l go more hardcore! When I revise I usually read all the notes I have and see what I can take in and then write a summary and bullet points of the main points,then just read them aloud and memorise them. then when im confident with the topics,I just do past papers!
    Your doing 25hours a week now!!!!!!! wtf

you must have no life- no offence. Theres no time in the day. Remember its not healthly staying inside revising all day, try doing stuff with friends, even if its just going out for random drives. Or do some sports or some extraciricular stuff with school.

PS do you have a job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eulerwaswrong)
    Your doing 25hours a week now!!!!!!! wtf

you must have no life- no offence. Theres no time in the day. Remember its not healthly staying inside revising all day, try doing stuff with friends, even if its just going out for random drives. Or do some sports or some extraciricular stuff with school.

PS do you have a job?
    Naa I don't have a job and in extra activities I do about 10hours a week which is purely sport and culture stuff lol! But the timetable includes doing homework from college, so its not that many hours tbh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amit92)
    Wow, Yeh I get what you mean, but isn't it better to start a few weeks early just so you have that gurantee of remembering information more easily than it being all crammed in to your mind at the last minute?

yes. do not revise 3 days before your exams! i repeat do not!

the timetable looks ok. how about adding in the actuall times your going to revise them for example

maths

4-5

philosophy

6-7

or maybe that's just too much :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think that it is good but you could maybe make it a bit better by putting which topics or page references from your text book in each slot! That way it is easier to stick to because you know exactly what you need to get done. If you just had 'Physics' in the slot and you need to revise it for an hour, you won't feel like you have got anything done!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    If you stick to it, then yes, it's good. And I must say, an intresting choice of A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, you really need all that revision?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.