The Student Room Group

student finance in scotland

so i've been told that you need 5 year residency to be entitled to student finance in scotland or else you'll have to pay the full 9250 pounds a year, i was thinking of putting aberdeen as my insurance but i dont have 5 yr residency.
Where do you live?

Student finance is based on your residency not where your university is
(Original post by PQ)Where do you live?

Student finance is based on your residency not where your university is

i live in england and i heard that student finance england covers it if u want to go uni in scotland but my friend is now telling me that u need 5 year residency to have access to student finance for scotland and i'll have to pay the 9k in full no loan???
Original post by Irresponsible
so i've been told that you need 5 year residency to be entitled to student finance in scotland or else you'll have to pay the full 9250 pounds a year, i was thinking of putting aberdeen as my insurance but i dont have 5 yr residency.

Hi there,

Are you a UK national?

Thanks, Jen
Original post by Jen SFE
Hi there,

Are you a UK national?

Thanks, Jen

yes
Original post by Jen SFE
Hi there,

Are you a UK national?

Thanks, Jen

i'm not really sure what this means but i am entitled to student finance in england cuz ive lived here(england) more than half my life but i have a nigerian passport but i also have leave to remain. but i do know i am entitled to student finance england.
Original post by Irresponsible
i'm not really sure what this means but i am entitled to student finance in england cuz ive lived here(england) more than half my life but i have a nigerian passport but i also have leave to remain. but i do know i am entitled to student finance england.

If you’re entitled to SFE funding then that will cover you for any UK university.
Original post by PQ
If you’re entitled to SFE funding then that will cover you for any UK university.

thank uuuu so muchhhhh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending