History or biology a level?

Watch this thread
Marigharine
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm currently doing my gcses and applied to my school for 6th form. I chose art, photography and textiles a-levels but I had to replace one due to overlapping schedules.
So I can either choose from history or biology a level. I don't know which one to choose. I want an art career so I'm confused on what to choose and which will be easier to learn.

Both are hard but I really just want to pass them.
Anyone's opinion? 🙂 thanks
Grave124
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
As someone who took both history and biology A-level... don't pick biology. I would only pick biology if you're going to need it in the future. Otherwise, it's not worth the pain. :/
Do you enjoy history? Are you interested in the topics your school provides? If so, you'll be fine with history.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
What do you want to do with these A levels ?

Read - How to Choose 6th Form Subjects - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-l...-your-subjects
And Not Going to Uni for other ideas - https://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/
Marigharine
Rep:
(Original post by Grave124)
As someone who took both history and biology A-level... don't pick biology. I would only pick biology if you're going to need it in the future. Otherwise, it's not worth the pain. :/
Do you enjoy history? Are you interested in the topics your school provides? If so, you'll be fine with history.
I'm okay with history... not the best but I can manage if I work really hard. Thank you for your help😊
Anamps
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
If you enjoy history that it is a nice one. You can hmu in case you need help with history
Marigharine
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
What do you want to do with these A levels ?

Read - How to Choose 6th Form Subjects - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-l...-your-subjects
And Not Going to Uni for other ideas - https://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/
Well hopefully, with photography I want to do a job taking photograph of others and for art I would like to pursue a personal career- like a second job but photography just in case I fail☺️

I would like to have my own gallery or sell my art sculptures😊
Marigharine
Rep:
thank you
Last edited by Marigharine; 4 weeks ago
Marigharine
Rep:
(Original post by Anamps)
If you enjoy history that it is a nice one. You can hmu in case you need help with history
thank you😊
Anamps
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Marigharine)
thank you
I will be ready to help. Nice time
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Well hopefully, with photography I want to do a job taking photograph of others and for art I would like to pursue a personal career- like a second job but photography just in case I fail☺️

I would like to have my own gallery or sell my art sculptures😊
Do History.
Biology is pretty useless without another science or maths and History is a solid essay-based subject.
oliviapope1
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
haha i’m doing both biology and history next year 😭
Marigharine
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Do History.
Biology is pretty useless without another science or maths and History is a solid essay-based subject.
Thanks for your help😊
Marigharine
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by oliviapope1)
haha i’m doing both biology and history next year 😭
praying for us🥲🥲🤗😆
ayapapaya
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm currently doing my gcses and applied to my school for 6th form. I chose art, photography and textiles a-levels but I had to replace one due to overlapping schedules.
So I can either choose from history or biology a level. I don't know which one to choose. I want an art career so I'm confused on what to choose and which will be easier to learn.

Both are hard but I really just want to pass them.
Anyone's opinion? 🙂 thanks
I would say decide based on your strengths, if you feel youre equally good at both subjects.
If youre good at writing essays and analysis, then history
if you'd rather answer more straightforward questions with one right answer (regurgitating info) , then biology
Marigharine
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ayapapaya)
I would say decide based on your strengths, if you feel youre equally good at both subjects.
If youre good at writing essays and analysis, then history
if you'd rather answer more straightforward questions with one right answer (regurgitating info) , then biology
TY 😊
I think I'm going to choose history rather than biology... 🤔
Scorched
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
biology has a lot of content that you just have to memorise, history is better for thinking a little bit more and it will be less of a burden. However if you have a passion for biology then take it
Marigharine
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Scorched)
biology has a lot of content that you just have to memorise, history is better for thinking a little bit more and it will be less of a burden. However if you have a passion for biology then take it
thank you 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads