Cancelled 3rd date due to period... Is he still interested?

Watch this thread
Katietweedy
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey need some advice.I have been on two really great dates with a guy and feel like we definitely have a connection. We have talked a lot between the dates and often send long messages to each other and starting to get more flirty.We planned to go on a 3rd date today and I was really excited for it and so was her. Unfortunately I had to cancel as my period came. When I'm on my period I have rrally bad pain and feel bloated and very not myself. I texted him the reason why I was cancelling.He replied several times saying not to worry and that he understands. I said I would still love to meet up and he basically agreed as well.I text him again early evening checking in and properly responding to a message he sent the night before. However he had not responded back yet.Like I'm probably overthing it massively and I know he's probably been busy with life but I was worried that I have put him off? Like he has implied he wants to see me again (we're meant to go bowling and he jokes that when we do go on that date he won't let me win).It sou ds silly and I'm definitely overthinking the whole situation as I k ow he worked all day and has a social life but How long should I wait if he doesn't reply until I text back to check on him?
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
For the meantime, being a romantic partner of yours involves a few days every month where you are in pain, feel bloated and are not your usual self.
With this involving you cancelling some fairly mundane activities.

From what you've told us, this guy will be understanding and tolerant of that. You cancelling the 3rd date whilst offering to reschedule is no big deal at all. He's probably taken it in his stride.

If he's the sort of guy that is being two faced and who will not go on a 3rd date with you, then he's not the sort of man you want to be going on dates with.

5 things:
Stop thinking so much. Start doing more. Be a woman of action. Not a woman of thinking.
Leave it till Sunday to hear from him. If no reply from him, give him a bell with a view to arranging the 3rd date.
Stop putting yourself in the frame where you feel you need to win him over. Start using the frame where you're OK, he's OK and you just need to see if the 2 of you are compatible in the 6 core key areas.
Sending lovey dovey messages between dates kills love. It's like over-watering a garden. For love to grow you water it when you meet. Then leave it to grow in the other person's heart between dates by minimizing the contact. Which allows their imagination to get to work. And for them to yearn for you.
See your GP about the period pain. Even if you've seen the GP before about it, go back and tell them that whatever they prescribed you isn't working.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't get into these silly games of 'he hasn't responded, should I wait to text?' If you want to contact him, do so. But why not phone and have a chat, as you missed out on a date?
Last edited by Surnia; 4 weeks ago
Katietweedy
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So update... It was a cSe of proper overthinking situation!! Blaming my period brain!! We had a really good chat over messager and want to meet again soon! He is on the same page as wanting to knowe better and carry on with getting to know each other!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads