LSE masters urgent help

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m on a gap year and I’ve applied for my masters starting this year at lse. I’ve been doing internships for most of the year but a few months back, my internship ended and I didn’t have another one lined up. So I started tutoring at a small tuition centre in my local town and put it on my cv to explain what I was doing for that month. But I’ve found out that job isn’t on my employment record for some reason (which I am speaking to hmrc about currently), but does anyone know if lse asks for employment records if they give an offer out? It looks dodgy that I’ve put it on my cv and I have no proof. Also if they do, will they understand if I explain the situation to them or does it just look like I’m lying?
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
I doubt they would care really...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by artful_lounger)
I doubt they would care really...
I imagine they wouldn’t. The problem is that it was the month I wasn’t volunteering/doing an internship, I don’t want them to think I’m lying or something to cover up that one month
artful_lounger
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I imagine they wouldn’t. The problem is that it was the month I wasn’t volunteering/doing an internship, I don’t want them to think I’m lying or something to cover up that one month
I really think the admissions tutors will have better things to do than play detective about every single work experience you have listed on your CV/application. Given they have thousands of applicants for many of their popular courses and it is just absurd to think they would have the time to do so for every one, and unreasonable to believe they just might happen to pick you as a single applicant they did check that for.
Last edited by artful_lounger; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by artful_lounger)
I really think the admissions tutors will have better things to do than play detective about every single work experience you have listed on your CV/application. Given they have thousands of applicants for many of their popular courses and it is just absurd to think they would have the time to do so for every one, and unreasonable to believe they just might happen to pick you as a single applicant they did check that for.
I meant do they ask for your employment history if they give out an offer not during admissions. The course itself doesn’t have that many people, it’s not going to take them long to check if what you’ve said on your cv is accurate. Otherwise anyone could lie about all types of work experience
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Postgrad admissions staff here. Although not LSE I hasten to add.

We don’t verify work history. We assume that you’re not starting off by lying to us and the main value is in writing about it in your PS anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (7)
41.18%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
23.53%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.76%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
17.65%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.88%

Watched Threads