English language A-level coursework investigation

Watch this thread
Emily_B1905
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I doing my English coursework at the moment and we’re on the investigation section. I know all the layout such as introduction etc but I’m really struggling for a topic. I’ve been reading a few other posts on here and around Google but haven’t really been inspired by anything as I know you should do it around something your interested in. My original idea was comparing war letters between ww1 and ww2 between men and women but it’s impossible to get data on and I wouldn’t know what to write about or what really to do with it so now I’m back to square one and more confused than when I started researching topics. Can anyone help if they’ve already done there’s with their topics and any other ideas that isn’t to do with politics and children?
zakramsey
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
The language of media? That's what I did. Compare how language is used by several different newspapers for one political event. I did mine on the marriage of Boris and Carrie. I compared The Sun, The Independent and The Daily Mail, the colloquialisms and bias contrasting with higher reading ages for the Independent etc.
Emily_B1905
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by zakramsey)
The language of media? That's what I did. Compare how language is used by several different newspapers for one political event. I did mine on the marriage of Boris and Carrie. I compared The Sun, The Independent and The Daily Mail, the colloquialisms and bias contrasting with higher reading ages for the Independent etc.
Thanks this is a great idea as I do have some knowledge of newspapers such as broadsheet and tabloid
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I did a project on the themes and features of different text types. I studied the features of a number of types of texts, a old newspaper article, a leaflet, a recipe book, a product mail order catalogue, a colourful brochure on travel, a short story and a poem and made brief notes. I then did a colourful mini comparison table and produced a detailed report in Word describing the features of the types of texts in question. It is up to you to choose something. You could even do a investigation into the role of mothers in literature.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (36)
27.48%
As I expected (44)
33.59%
Harder (44)
33.59%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
5.34%

Watched Threads