Can I do automotive engineering after completing coventry h100 foundation year?

Watch this thread
tadas144
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
When I applied for the foundation year I read somewhere that after completing it you can go onto any engineering course but can't find that now. Wesbite says something about being able to move onto electro-mechanical engineering. I just made it my firm choice aswell so im in a bit of a pickle
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
As you say in your question, H100 (Engineering Foundation Year) at CU Coventry "enables students who successfully pass to automatically progress to the BEng (Hons) Electro-Mechanical Engineering degree at CU Coventry, subject to meeting specific entry criteria." If we lookup that course here it confirms that fact: "Successful completion of our Foundation Engineering course will guarantee you progression onto this degree programme."

The only engineering degree which CU Coventry offers is that BEng (Hons) in Electro-Mechanical Engineering, although Coventry University itself offers many different engineering degrees, including an MEng/BEng (Hons) in Automotive Engineering. I can see no indication that, to quote you, "after completing it (H100) you can go onto any engineering course".

I suggest you contact the university itself for clarification, especially as you've firmed H100. Various ways to contact them are listed here (for Coventry University) and here (for CU Coventry).

BTW, I assume you're aware that H100 (Engineering Foundation Year) is offered by CU Coventry, which is part of the Coventry University Group. So you'll be based at CU Coventry rather than at the main Coventry University campus. See this map.
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tadas144)
When I applied for the foundation year I read somewhere that after completing it you can go onto any engineering course but can't find that now. Wesbite says something about being able to move onto electro-mechanical engineering. I just made it my firm choice aswell so im in a bit of a pickle
Hi tadas144,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, what's mentioned above is correct. You can advance onto automotive engineering on completion of your foundation year, provided your foundation course supports this. It would be good to clarify this by getting in touch with the admissions tutor for Automotive Engineering as the lecturer will be able to provide more accurate information. Furthermore, if wish to speak to a student you can do so using Unibuddy. This is a social media platform for students to ask other students about courses, student life and the university.

I hope you find this useful.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
tadas144
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DataVenia)
As you say in your question, H100 (Engineering Foundation Year) at CU Coventry "enables students who successfully pass to automatically progress to the BEng (Hons) Electro-Mechanical Engineering degree at CU Coventry, subject to meeting specific entry criteria." If we lookup that course here it confirms that fact: "Successful completion of our Foundation Engineering course will guarantee you progression onto this degree programme."

The only engineering degree which CU Coventry offers is that BEng (Hons) in Electro-Mechanical Engineering, although Coventry University itself offers many different engineering degrees, including an MEng/BEng (Hons) in Automotive Engineering. I can see no indication that, to quote you, "after completing it (H100) you can go onto any engineering course".

I suggest you contact the university itself for clarification, especially as you've firmed H100. Various ways to contact them are listed here (for Coventry University) and here (for CU Coventry).

BTW, I assume you're aware that H100 (Engineering Foundation Year) is offered by CU Coventry, which is part of the Coventry University Group. So you'll be based at CU Coventry rather than at the main Coventry University campus. See this map.
Thanks, confirmed what I was thinking. I changed my replies so all good now but might not have made it in time if it wasn’t for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
28.26%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.7%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
8.7%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.43%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
14.13%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.35%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed