Does long distance work?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
At the beginning of this year I met this guy at uni who I’ve now been exclusive with for about 4 months. Im in first year however he’s in second year about about to start his placement. We’ve talked about how much we like each other and how well it’s going but are both nervous about him leaving for a year as his placement isn’t in the same city as our university. This academic year is also ending in a few weeks so we will be returning home for summer which is very far apart distance wise. I haven’t been seeing this guy for very long which makes me nervous about not working over the summer and next year. We’ve agreed we are going to carry on as we are over summer and everything but I’m really nervous it’s going to end. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with long distance relationship as I’m very anxious. (Please be nice this is my first ‘boyfriend’ and I don’t think I’ll be able to handle a break up)
Shawn2006
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
At the beginning of this year I met this guy at uni who I’ve now been exclusive with for about 4 months. Im in first year however he’s in second year about about to start his placement. We’ve talked about how much we like each other and how well it’s going but are both nervous about him leaving for a year as his placement isn’t in the same city as our university. This academic year is also ending in a few weeks so we will be returning home for summer which is very far apart distance wise. I haven’t been seeing this guy for very long which makes me nervous about not working over the summer and next year. We’ve agreed we are going to carry on as we are over summer and everything but I’m really nervous it’s going to end. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with long distance relationship as I’m very anxious. (Please be nice this is my first ‘boyfriend’ and I don’t think I’ll be able to handle a break up)
As long as you both talk regularly then you should be fine. One of my exes was long-distance and we dated for almost a year (we broke up because of a disagreement and not the fact that it was long-distance).
lizzieswellness
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
As long as there is trust and communication, it works just fine.
Amarah Mohmd
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
hi guys..im feeling really depressed...can someone please listen ??
Adz2042
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
good luck with it all.
long distance can work, although is difficult if communication is not used between both people.
Mentalhealth*12
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mohmd mohmd)
hi guys..im feeling really depressed...can someone please listen ??
Make a thread about how you're feeling and we can all support you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads