Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone how did you think it went today? i thought it was ok, bit wierd though.

ReputationRep:
    Are you talking about AQA B Module 5 (Environment)? I found it quite difficult especially the synoptic stuff. Wat did everyone else think?

ReputationRep:
    nah aqa A (module 5 i think)

ReputationRep:
    I did that paper. With all the stupid diagrams? The photosynthesis and respiration question had diagrams different to what we had learnt, took me a bit to realise what was going on there. Was an ok paper, some weird questions though. Like the cyanogenic stuff at the end, that was in a paper a couple of years ago. And the question on niches, that was a weird diagram. Not too bad though. Glad there was more on genetics than on stuff like the nitrogen cycle. You?

ReputationRep:
    i thought the same as you really, the genetics seemd easier than usual, but i knew the nitrogen cycle well lol i aint complainin tho. The diagram was confusing but simple once u grasped what it was. Niches was wierd, though not hard really. I had luckily seen the cyanogenic question twice b4, so i wasnt stuck on it, though i think if i hadnt i might have had a problem realising that the enzymes produced turn 2 substances to cyanide n u needed both to complete it. The slugs question wasnt too bad either pretty obvious i thought. Nothin too hard really. Just whether i got the marks or not, didnt really no how to define mutation...know wat it is but hmm how to describe it. Think i put when an allele changes into a different allele. Wat u put?

ReputationRep:
    When you had to do the dihybrid cross how many alleles did you get? I got two but my friend got four.

ReputationRep:
    I got 2 different parental genotypes, and this cross resulted in four different daughter genotypes/phenotypes.

ReputationRep:
    there were 4 daughter phenotypes all in the ratio 1:1:1:1... (chi squared value 7ish)...
    for the mutation i just put a change in the base sequence of the triplet code which means a different amino acid may be coded for

ReputationRep:
    I thought this paper was quite easy, sure there were some questions that you had to think about but really, if you did that, they wern't to bad.

P.S what did people put for the last question about why the spread of cyanogenic acyanogenic plants was as it was?

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.