The Student Room Group

Evidence

Does anybody know of any cases which demonstrate that only facts that occured around the time of the act may be taken into account when deciding whether or not there was evidence of intention? Or cases where the judge has misdirected the jury to look to facts surrounding the act and prior to the date of the act, to determine intention?
Taken from pages 115-118 of Smith and Hogan on Crime, 11th Edition

Marston, "Contemporaneity of Act and Intention" (1970) 86 LQR 208

Have a look at Smith and Hogan on Crime, by Ormerod. It has an excellent section with extensive citations on the topic of Coincidence of actus reus and mens rea. You'll find it under mens rea and then under "further principles" (assuming that the 12th edition is laid out like the 11th)
Reply 2
MelesMeles
Taken from pages 115-118 of Smith and Hogan on Crime, 11th Edition

Marston, "Contemporaneity of Act and Intention" (1970) 86 LQR 208

Have a look at Smith and Hogan on Crime, by Ormerod. It has an excellent section with extensive citations on the topic of Coincidence of actus reus and mens rea. You'll find it under mens rea and then under "further principles" (assuming that the 12th edition is laid out like the 11th)

I can't get hold of that book, and it's so annoying, I have tried to find that journal article but I couldn't get hold of it on Westlaw at all, and when I tried searching for all LQR journals from 1970, it said the search results were not in the scope of my subscription! It seems my subscription starts at 1986 for LQR!

Ah well, thanks anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending