University of Manchester Resit Fee Missed Exam

Watch this thread
Edip2022
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Due to my own fault, I missed my final exam. I am first years and I had no intention to miss it but I simply missed it cause I didn't double check the dates. I am a very serious student but I won't beat myself over it because at the end of the day it's only first year's & a learning curve. My course instructor said I can sit the exam during resit period.

Any from UoM ever done resits, do we have resit fees? Tbh idk if this is classed a resit or first sit as my course instructor did not specify.

How much of a resit fee should I expect?
LexiLoo2
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
I could be completely wrong but university exams are generally internal, so I don't believe there would be a re-sit fee.

A-level exams are external (run by AQA, Edexcel, etc), so that's why they have re-sit fees.

If in doubt, perhaps email a lecturer who runs the module as I would assume that they are likely marking your papers.

Good luck!
Last edited by LexiLoo2; 4 weeks ago
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
No resit fee. If you failed to attend an exam you will get a 0 and be required to take the resit in July/August. In most unis your resit mark will be capped at 40% - reg the uni regulations. As you say 1st year so a silly mistake but you have learned your lesson.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads