The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sports Racer
Tell you what's overrated: Subway.

AGREED. Everyone seems to love Subway but I don't get it? The bread is stale, the filling is so overly-processed every sandwich tastes the same. And it's bloody expensive for a sandwich anyway!
If you think Nandos is bad, try Frangos. :shifty:
Reply 22
I've never even been.
I guess thats what i get for coming from a small town, and going to a university town as opposed to a city. And its actually a 'university town' as opposed to a university in a town. you drive in and it says 'welcome to the university town of loughborough'. No wonder the locals hate us!
Reply 23
It only became overrated once everybody started going there and expecting fireworks and a show and got disappointed when there was just chicken. They've never pretended. They do chicken. They're good at that (actually that's debatable). You know what's more important than discussing Nandos? Anything.
Reply 24
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
AGREED. Everyone seems to love Subway but I don't get it? The bread is stale, the filling is so overly-processed every sandwich tastes the same. And it's bloody expensive for a sandwich anyway!

Yeah, and the cheese is rubbish!!! thats the worst part of it for me.. i want REAL cheese!!
Gah! I love Nando's. I think it's amazing, what's not to love? I get that it is essentially fast food but the chicken is grilled instead of deep fried in some unidentifiable brown powder, the portions are huge...refillable drinks? Refillable frozen yoghurt??! I once went in with friends of an evening and had just the yoghurt for my tea. Dinner in a restaurant for £2.55. Unbeatable.
Sports Racer
Tell you what's overrated: Subway.

Do not insult The Subway.

Cheap, fast, yummy. :biggrin:
Reply 27
Nando's? What is this strange and wonderful sounding place? I have never been. :frown:
Nando's? What is this strange and wonderful sounding place? I have never been. :frown:

It's Auschwitz. No, not really. Count yourself lucky. It's overpriced and undersized, and the chicken isn't even that good. The rating came from 14-year-olds going "doooooood, let's go to Nando's mannnnnn. It's so coooool."
Reply 29
my uncle is called nando. thats the only reason i like it :p:
i had it friday night actually. i just found the menu to be nothing special, but i cant really fault it, as the food wasnt bad, its just overall its not that special.
I entirely agree. It's reasonable but really not as good as people claim.

Would probably prefer a KFC in terms of value for money, since the boneless banquet was introduced.
Reply 31
As far as fast food places go, Nandos is the best imo.
Reply 32
Nando's is lush..
Dont see how there's so many people who dont like it :s-smilie:
Reply 33
TI-84
Nando's is lush..
Dont see how there's so many people who dont like it :s-smilie:

You, my friend, have just used the word 'lush' in a sentence. You are now banned from constructing sentences.
Reply 34
Yeah I've only been once and I don't really like it that much. Everyone loves it though it seems, we have 3 nandos resteraunts in the city. I would rather have Dixy chicken or chicken cottage :biggrin:

Subway is also overrated, it's quite expensive, food isn't nice and you never ever feel full.
Reply 35
Methinks it's overpriced.
Reply 36
I hate spicy food so I've never been, I don't feel as if I'm missing out particularly.
Reply 37
You, my friend, have just used the word 'lush' in a sentence. You are now banned from constructing sentences.

:vroam:
Reply 38
to the people who say "they need a bigger menu" - ITS A ****ING CHICKEN RESTAURANT!
Reply 39
Higgy90
to the people who say "they need a bigger menu" - ITS A ****ING CHICKEN RESTAURANT!

exactly. you don't go to pizza hut looking for pasta. Oh, wait a minute...

Latest