Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sports Racer)
    Tell you what's overrated: Subway.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dijobla)
    exactly. you don't go to pizza hut looking for pasta. Oh, wait a minute...
    Incidentally I went to "Pasta Hut" today, however I ordered pizza.
    My friend said his pasta was f*cking rank though.

ReputationRep:
    Nandos is def overrated..it doesnt make u full and it tastes the same as normal chicken u buy from any place. The only good thing is the sauce

ReputationRep:
    Nandos is expensive for what it is, I went last week and four of us spent £55.

KFC would have been a fraction, and a tasty fraction at that

ReputationRep:
    I Agree!

I've not really liked Nando's Very overated. People are like "Woah! We're going to Nando's, wanna come?". And I'm like "Oh, no thanks. I've got a tin of soup that's more exciting in the cupboard"

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's definately overrated. I've only been the once, it was alright, but nothing special, just average really. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to go again

ReputationRep:
    But...the sweet potato mash is just :coma:

I would go for that alone. In fact, I have before, when I didn't fancy a full meal. Nom nom.

ReputationRep:
    I think its novelty has worn off. I remember 8 years back I used to love my local Nando's and also wanted to go there with my parents. Recently I feel like the quality has dipped and it's less special- there are more outlets doing things like it.

ReputationRep:
    i hugely agree with the frozen yogurt comment - it's like the ice cream factory at pizza hut except healthy! incredible value! plus i bought peri peri sauce from them and now use it on most of my student pasta meals - really livens things up

nandos, obrigado! (portuguese for thank you for those not educated in the language of nandos)

ReputationRep:
    I have a Nandos like 5 minutes away from me. Yet I still don't go there. There's a place just further down from Nando's that does the same chicken for half the price. I hate Nandos' rediculous prices.

i havent been to a nandos since they were kinda funky fresh and new when the o2 center swiss cottage opened. wasnt very good, even though i was like 13.

and anyway, if you go to nandos youll probably get shot! remember that drive-by shooting in hammersmith (i think) a while back, one of many.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forgot its high prices!

ReputationRep:
    I love their bean burgers. Mmm.

ReputationRep:
    reasons why it's bad:

you have to serve yourself drinks
    you have to get your own cutlery
    you have to get your own sauces, which aren't even that tasty
    the waitresses rarely speak good english
    it's very, very cramped
    therefore it's very noisy
    the cooks are just teenagers with little training
    you have to queue for a while at the "bar" to order - very antisocial if you're one of two
    the lookalike oven-chips are very dry and the chicken is bog-standard. spices are ok.

and you're paying £10 for the privilege, wtf?

reasons why it's good:
    you get to watch the idiot next to you try to impress his girlfriend by eating the x-x-x-x-hot sauce, and then laugh when he can't handle it.

ReputationRep:
    What is Nando's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalashnikov)
    I have a Nandos like 5 minutes away from me. Yet I still don't go there. There's a place just further down from Nando's that does the same chicken for half the price. I hate Nandos' rediculous prices.
    Oh. Is this the chicken place that looks like a chicken version of TGI?
    And ae you thinking of Pandoo's?

peri peri sauce from them and now use it on most of my student pasta meals - really livens things up
    Not an obvious combination! Peri Peri and pasta lol

I've never really seen the attraction of Nando's. There is virtually no service, you might as well just cook some chicken at home.

Having said that there is nothing wrong it with it, just nothing great.

ReputationRep:
    I like Nandos :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Horribly overrated. And the Cambridge one is particularly awful.

ReputationRep:
    Never been. Everyone I know rates it but I've never felt the need to go!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.