Turn on thread page Beta

Nando's is overrated. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yay!

chicken fillet burger medium spice, chips, garlic bread with a bottomless coke

*drools*

ReputationRep:
    YAY!
    Quarter chicken medium, wings, chips and bottomless coke.

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simple.)
    Is Nandos 'halal'?
    some of them are, some aren't

ReputationRep:
    Definitly over rated. Nice big meal sizes. but not the big hoo-ha everyone (well i say 'everyone' -clearly not anymore judging by here!) claims it to be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    Portuguese.
    :o: my bad
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Tasty and different food, but the tiny portions yet high prices turn me off Nandos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simple.)
    Is Nandos 'halal'?
    Some of them are, normally the larger restaurants.

ReputationRep:
    I love Nando's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xhelen1989x)
    Some of them are, normally the larger restaurants.
    Actually its usually the smaller restaurants that sell Halal chicken. However, in my restaurant (very large, very busy restaurant inside a brand new shopping centre), all of our chicken is non-halal apart from the chicken livers. Even the managers don't seem to have noticed that our chicken livers are halal, the only way I know is that I saw it on the label of the box in the freezer - "halal chicken livers". Personally, I'm glad that our restaurant isn't Halal, otherwise I wouldn't eat any of the chicken. You may also be interested to know that the chicken caesar salad isn't suitable for vegetarians either because the dressing contains anchovies.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I prefer Subway or Nandos :hmmmm:

Food. :suith:

ReputationRep:
    Going to get a meatball marananana now

BRB

ReputationRep:
    anyone tried frangos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boo_2)
    Actually its usually the smaller restaurants that sell Halal chicken. However, in my restaurant (very large, very busy restaurant inside a brand new shopping centre), all of our chicken is non-halal apart from the chicken livers. Even the managers don't seem to have noticed that our chicken livers are halal, the only way I know is that I saw it on the label of the box in the freezer - "halal chicken livers". Personally, I'm glad that our restaurant isn't Halal, otherwise I wouldn't eat any of the chicken. You may also be interested to know that the chicken caesar salad isn't suitable for vegetarians either because the dressing contains anchovies.
    Oh, that must just be in your area then. I work in one of the smaller ones and it isn't halal, yet all the larger ones around it are.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a massive fan of the food- it's okay, nothing special- but, my god, the Peri-Peri sauce. It's divine. Really. I put it on everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boo_2)

Depends what city/town you are in. For example Nottingham or Leicester have more religions to cook for etc, so some sell halal whereas mine I work at doesn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    I don't know if I prefer Subway or Nandos :hmmmm:

Food. :suith:
    :awesome:

Nando's is just fabulous. I don't go there enough, and really want to ramp the spice level up a bit next time, hopefully.

There's something very friendly about it for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)

There's something very friendly about it for some reason.
    Perhaps that 'some reason' is that the managers of Nando's do everything in their power to make it SEEM friendly in order to make it appealing and encourage people to keep coming back. The Nando's employee slogan is "its the people who make the chicken" and on their recruitment days they look for the friendliest, bubbliest people to take onto their team. Unlike other fast food chains like Mcdonalds... is it just me or does every other worker in Mcdonalds look like they're about to top themselves? I must say Nando's really is a great company to work for, they look after their staff very well and at my store we're a very happy bunch.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.