The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

What do UCL's decisions have anything to do with LSE's?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
lol nothing, why did you assume that there was a connection? I didnt imply it.

Ok no maybe I did, but it seems that most unis have started to offer/reject for Economics, was wondering if LSE had yet.

Anyone?
Reply 3
UCL might be rejecting people, but are you sure they're handing out offers already?
Reply 4
for econ they are, check the UCL forums, baaare people have got offers in comparison to LSE
Reply 5
UCL send a round of offers out around the first week of November. I think mine came on Nov 1st last year. LSE traditionally wait until the last week of Nov/1st week of Dec before they send out their first round so I don't think anyone on here will hear for c.3 weeks.
Reply 6
Unsuccessful here...for LSE (Economics)... however I got a conditional offer for UCL for the same subject... XD
Reply 7
A couple of guys at our school have been rejected at LSE- and these are smart guys but no offers. A boy at my school who got 300 in econ and maths was rejected at UCL. I swear what do they want! I actually think they're discriminating against Oxbridge applicants. Does anyone share my view?
Reply 8
whf555
A couple of guys at our school have been rejected at LSE- and these are smart guys but no offers. A boy at my school who got 300 in econ and maths was rejected at UCL. I swear what do they want! I actually think they're discriminating against Oxbridge applicants. Does anyone share my view?

yes
LSEfreak
yes

Doesn't quite work unfortunately. Lots of people at my school have UCL Economics offers, myself included, and many of these people (myself not included) have a seriously good chance at Oxbridge.
Reply 10
LSEfreak
yes

yeah iv heard UCL do that ALOT.
i think the emphasis is more on the personal statement, than on A-level grades.
Reply 11
Deipnosophist123
Doesn't quite work unfortunately. Lots of people at my school have UCL Economics offers, myself included, and many of these people (myself not included) have a seriously good chance at Oxbridge.

I realllllyyyy dont know what they are thinking when giving out the offers. Im pretty sure they will give it if they are happy on the day or something. If the admission tutor found out that his wife been cheating,,,we will see alot of random rejections, like we have seent this year.
Reply 12
LSEfreak
I realllllyyyy dont know what they are thinking when giving out the offers. Im pretty sure they will give it if they are happy on the day or something. If the admission tutor found out that his wife been cheating,,,we will see alot of random rejections, like we have seent this year.

lol mate i am rejected by UCL as well:frown:
Reply 13
LSEfreak

agree...I feel like my rejection will be coming in a couple of days, :woo: (Don't know what I'm excited about)
Reply 14
:confused: :s-smilie: I didnt hear anythin from UCL or LSE yet... worried...
Reply 15
I think that some offers are being sent out today...beware!
Reply 16
Offer for LSE Econ, but rejected by UCL for the same...
Reply 17
Deipnosophist123

In your sig you say you've been shortlisted for LSE however theres no actual proof that email was a shortlist email because it didn't say the word shortlisted anywhere...
rotor
In your sig you say you've been shortlisted for LSE however theres no actual proof that email was a shortlist email because it didn't say the word shortlisted anywhere...

Gathered pile, short list, same sort of thing really. Don't take it personally.
Reply 19
Deipnosophist123
Gathered pile, short list, same sort of thing really. Don't take it personally.

Ah cheers, no I'm not taking it personally its just I got the same email so was wondering if like you I was on a shortlist or not!
The email cnfused me a lot, so it is a shortlist right?

Latest

Trending

Trending