Poll: Did you leave school today?
Yes (5)
41.67%
No (7)
58.33%
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
The year 11s at the school I work at have their last day today. After this, they only come back for exams.

Is this something that you're doing at the moment, those in Y11 and Y13?

Or is your school/college hanging onto you a bit longer?

Post below with what date you are finishing, or if you finished today - how did it feel?
Eliza.chocolate
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
I personally didn't leave school - I'm 14
Buttt, he's the year 11 did leave.
On top of this everyone moves up a year in June rather than September
zuluwarrior7650
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
We y13's left last week and im buzzing for my next 7 exams
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
The year 11s at the school I work at have their last day today. After this, they only come back for exams.

Is this something that you're doing at the moment, those in Y11 and Y13?

Or is your school/college hanging onto you a bit longer?

Post below with what date you are finishing, or if you finished today - how did it feel?
The official leaving date is the last Friday in June.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
our last day of school was 11th of May lol
(yr 13)
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
My home ed lass has her last exam on 13th June, and we're considering that her "leaving" day (even though I know officially it's the last Friday in June, but that's just a technicality).

It's going to be very weird not having her around the house from September :cry2::bawling:

She's very much looking forward to starting sixth form college though.
Last edited by PinkMobilePhone; 4 weeks ago
marchag
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
My last day before exam leave was 22nd April and I had my last exam on 11th May so I'm all finished up
ROTL94 2
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, on this day or one close to this date 10 years ago, one of the best days of my life.
banana8224
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Left school last wednesday lol
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Son't forget contingency day ...
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
My home ed lass has her last exam on 13th June, and we're considering that her "leaving" day (even though I know officially it's the last Friday in June, but that's just a technicality).

It's going to be very weird not having her around the house from September :cry2::bawling:

She's very much looking forward to starting sixth form college though.
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Son't forget contingency day ...
We'll be in Turkey then :giggle:

I'm not overly concerned as she's already passed the exams she needs to meet sixth form college entrance requirements, as she took 5 inc. English and Maths last year.
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Will she miss the sixth form induction day?
We'll be in Turkey then :giggle:

I'm not overly concerned as she's already passed the exams she needs to meet sixth form college entrance requirements, as she took 5 inc. English and Maths last year.
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Will she miss the sixth form induction day?
No. We get back on 1st July, and induction days for the sixth form she's chosen are 4th, 5th, and 6th (she'll be assigned one of those dates at some point, apparently).
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
That's good

We have all our potential students in together so they can mix.
No. We get back on 1st July, and induction days for the sixth form she's chosen are 4th, 5th, and 6th (she'll be assigned one of those dates at some point, apparently).
Yespotatu
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Year 13's left last week, Year 11's leave end of june.
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
That's good

We have all our potential students in together so they can mix.
This is where she's going:

https://www.notredamecoll.ac.uk/even...dame-days-2022

She's not entirely sure what to expect from the experience days.

I went to the same sixth form college (many moons ago) and I can't for the life of me remember going to experience/induction days. Maybe they didn't have them back then? I have no clue. She's been asking me what to expect and I'm like "uhhhhh... I have no idea to be honest!"
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
This is where she's going:

https://www.notredamecoll.ac.uk/even...dame-days-2022

She's not entirely sure what to expect from the experience days.

I went to the same sixth form college (many moons ago) and I can't for the life of me remember going to experience/induction days. Maybe they didn't have them back then? I have no clue. She's been asking me what to expect and I'm like "uhhhhh... I have no idea to be honest!"
They weren't a thing in my day either. I think more students change school at 16 now. Haven't you had a programme? We do some sample lessons and fun stuff then in September the form activities [because it's only then that places are confirmed].
thrivingfrog
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I finish for study leave in 2 weeks, have 2 weeks of exams after that and then done
madzzzzina
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
So many schools will have study leave after half-term holidays (so basically from the 6th)
We're in school until our last paper, which is Physics Paper 2 on the 23rd of June and then we have a trip and party in the days after.
A bit annoyed we aren't given study leave
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
They weren't a thing in my day either. I think more students change school at 16 now. Haven't you had a programme? We do some sample lessons and fun stuff then in September the form activities [because it's only then that places are confirmed].
No, no programme. Perhaps they'll be produced once dates are allocates to each person.
Sample lessons and fun stuff sounds good though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads