Does getting a U on an A-Level still mean you completed the course?

Watch this thread
.X.X.
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I applied for a foundation year course thinking they'd give me an unconditional offer. They gave me a conditional offer 'based on the completion of 3 A-Levels'. I'm failing one of my subjects so badly it's guaranteed I will get a U as my final grade. Will I still be able to get on the course, given that I'm still going to sit all the exams?
zuluwarrior7650
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Yep, completion means to not drop out so you should be fine
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, a U is still an awarded grade.
.X.X.
Rep:
Great, thank you both.
azihdoeun
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
which uni did you apply for?
azihdoeun
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
i got rejected by ucl foundation yesterday because they said they dont accept A level for foundation...
Spelunker
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
what grades do you need ?
.X.X.
Rep:
(Original post by azihdoeun)
which uni did you apply for?
Brunel University London's Pathway College
.X.X.
Rep:
(Original post by Spelunker)
what grades do you need ?
They didn't specify any grades, because it's a foundation year. They simply said I'll be accepted 'upon the completion of 3 A-Levels'.
.X.X.
Rep:
i got rejected by ucl foundation yesterday because they said they dont accept A level for foundation...
That's odd. I've never heard of that before.
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
If it's the international foundation year then that's stated on the following page:

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/languages-international-education/preparation-courses/upc-foundation/entry-requirements

"We won’t consider qualifications that allow direct entry to UCL undergraduate degree programmes. This includes full A levels and IB Diplomas."
zik04._
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
If it's the international foundation year then that's stated on the following page:

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/languages-international-education/preparation-courses/upc-foundation/entry-requirements

"We won’t consider qualifications that allow direct entry to UCL undergraduate degree programmes. This includes full A levels and IB Diplomas."
Brunel said i need Distinction, B, C i can get Merit, B, C will i still be accepted? If no, how can i apply to the foundation year after i get my results and if i get into brunel foundation year, then after that year is completed can i go to the actual brunel university and do the actual course?
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by zik04._)
Brunel said i need Distinction, B, C i can get Merit, B, C will i still be accepted? If no, how can i apply to the foundation year after i get my results and if i get into brunel foundation year, then after that year is completed can i go to the actual brunel university and do the actual course?
You may still be accepted onto the main course, but it will depend on how many places they have after confirming the results of other offer holders.

Many unis will give you an alternative offer on results day for the FY if they can't accept you onto the main course. I would suggest that you call Brunel now and ask whether they do that.
zik04._
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by .X.X.)
Brunel University London's Pathway College
what requirements were needed for brunel foundation course and can i apply to that thru clearing?
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by zik04._)
what requirements were needed for brunel foundation course and can i apply to that thru clearing?
Clearing hasn’t started yet so no one knows what will be available. FY’s typically have limited places and don’t enter into it, but you can always call them next week and ask if there’s any possibility.
_gcx
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
You just need to turn up to the exams. (and ideally write something)
zik04._
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by .X.X.)
They didn't specify any grades, because it's a foundation year. They simply said I'll be accepted 'upon the completion of 3 A-Levels'.
What course? and was it thru clearing? i got a brunel offer but cant get grades so sid like to do a foundation but i dont know the entry requirements
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (9)
45%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (5)
25%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
10%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
15%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5%

Watched Threads