Is it still possible to apply to King’s Residences? (Please Help)

Watch this thread
myt27
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
On the King’s Residences website it says:

Undergraduate Guarantee: The guarantee applies as long as you complete the required steps of the booking process as laid out below before the deadline of 10 June. Please note, completion of the required steps of the booking process might take up to two weeks therefore we advise all students to begin the booking process prior to 27th May in order to qualify for the guarantee.

I firmed my offer today and want to start immediately but looks like first I need to wait two working days to register my interest and then I’ll receive an invite to book a room in two weeks so in total the process can take more than 16 days which is beyond the deadline. I want to book a room from Stamford Street Apartments or Great Dover Street, is it still possible to achieve that?
knksj112
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I would drop Kings residences a message just to make sure you can still book accommodation. They'll probably send your invite to book a bit earlier but double check with them just to be sure. The deadline is there so that if you book within the timeframe you're guaranteed a place at one of the residences- booking after this date will mean you may not get your preferred accommodation.
In terms of getting Stamford or GDS, they're quite popular options (I remember GDS being completely booked within a day or two), but if you're on KAAS there might be some options available. Have you considered looking at other accommodations? Which campus will you be studying at?
myt27
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by knksj112)
Hi, I would drop Kings residences a message just to make sure you can still book accommodation. They'll probably send your invite to book a bit earlier but double check with them just to be sure. The deadline is there so that if you book within the timeframe you're guaranteed a place at one of the residences- booking after this date will mean you may not get your preferred accommodation.
In terms of getting Stamford or GDS, they're quite popular options (I remember GDS being completely booked within a day or two), but if you're on KAAS there might be some options available. Have you considered looking at other accommodations? Which campus will you be studying at?
Thank you so much. Intercollegiate halls of University of London are my back up, but they seem expensive idk. I’ll be studying at Strand. Also, they release the dorms in bunch not in first come first bases so I believe I might still have chance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (17)
27.42%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (31)
50%
First aid skills (3)
4.84%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.61%
Sign language (8)
12.9%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (1)
1.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.61%

Watched Threads