The Student Room Group

What to firm

Hiya,
I am struggling to decide between putting the Univeristy of Bristol, Warwick and Southampton as my firm choice for Electrical and Electronic engineering, please give me some insight on the institutions.
Original post by MackayS11287
Hiya,
I am struggling to decide between putting the Univeristy of Bristol, Warwick and Southampton as my firm choice for Electrical and Electronic engineering, please give me some insight on the institutions.

Hello @MackayS11287,

It is great to hear that you are considering studying at the University of Southampton! I do not study the specific course you are interested in, however can give you some insight into what it is like to study here more generally.

My name is Jasmine and I am a second year English student here at Southampton and will begin by saying that I am loving my time here. The halls at Southampton are great, they offer a great variety of rooms to suit all students and come with a free bus pass if you are a first year. The bus passes are a really convenient way of getting around the city, with frequent services and stops all over the Southampton zone. The bus passes are also a really helpful and easy way of getting you to campus.

The social life in Southampton is very vibrant. The university has so many societies that you are sure to find one that suits you, which will also give you the opportunity to meet lots of new people and make friends with those who share the same interests as you! I also find that societies are a great way to make those initial connections with people in Fresher's Week as taking part in the shared activity means that the pressure of sustaining a long conversation is eleviated. The city also has lots on offer, from bars, restaurants, clubs, cinemas and shops, there is always something to do. Southampton is home to the University of Southampton and Southampton Solent University, so there is a large student presence throughout the city, meaning that there is further opportunity to meet students off campus as well as on.

There are lots of great facilities here as well, the Hartley Library in particular is a wonderful resource offering lots of spaces for group and individual work, and housing an abundance of resources to assist academic studies.

I hope this gives you an outline of what life is like at the University of Southampton. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask!

Jasmine (an Official University of Southampton Rep):smile:

www.southampton.ac.uk
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest