The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Warwick Theatre and Performance Studies

Hey!

I’ve just finished my first year as a Theatre and Performance Studies student at Warwick and am happy to answer any questions that you have about the course - whether you’re an applicant, offer holder or just starting to look into uni!
I’ll try and reply within a week and will answer honestly from my personal experience. For any questions I can’t answer, I’m able to point you in the right direction and help you find people that will be able to get you your answer!

Jelka
Original post by Warwick Students
Hey!

I’ve just finished my first year as a Theatre and Performance Studies student at Warwick and am happy to answer any questions that you have about the course - whether you’re an applicant, offer holder or just starting to look into uni!
I’ll try and reply within a week and will answer honestly from my personal experience. For any questions I can’t answer, I’m able to point you in the right direction and help you find people that will be able to get you your answer!

Jelka

Thanks for the thread Jelka :smile:

1. Best thing about the course?
2. Worst thing about the course?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by 04MR17
Thanks for the thread Jelka :smile:

1. Best thing about the course?
2. Worst thing about the course?

Hey!

I’d say the best thing are the people and like the department in itself! All the staff members are absolutely lovely and always happy to help with any queries. They knew our names literally from the first day and are also aware of what we’re all interested in and even what we’re up to outside of the course! The just genuinely care about all of us as well as their research, so it’s an amazing department to learn and improve in. They also fully remodelled two modules this year and have stayed in close contact with the students to make sure they were making the right changes. That was probably also what started out as the worst thing this year - one of the modules we felt was not fitting in well with the other ones and many students found the reading very hard and found it difficult to really see any learning outcomes. However, those issues were talked through and they decided to change the whole structure of the module for our second term, which was already brilliant! For the next cohort, they’ve decided to scrap the module completely and have designed a new on instead. There was also gonna be a similar module in our second year, which they’ve also made sure to change up completely, which everyone was thrilled to hear! It was the first year they’d delivered this module in person, so I guess that’s what resulted in the aforementioned difficulties, but as think we were all really amazed at how well they handled the situation, made clear that they had made a mistake and made an effort to improve our learning experience!

Jelka

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending