The Student Room Group

Should I stop talking to her?

Hey, I’m in a bit of a complicated situation right now.

There’s a girl I have a crush on, and she said a couple of days ago that she likes me so we were flirting and stuff. But then yesterday morning, I met her boyfriend. It seems she thought they were over, and he didn’t, so I agreed to back off and became friends with both of them.

The issue is, I still really like her. She’s spoken to me and says she likes me more than she likes him but she doesn’t want to hurt him by breaking up with him. I told her I’d respect whatever she chose and she should do whatever will make her happier long-term.

Seeing the two of them together hurts so much. They’ve started calling each other “babe” and “baby” so I get the impression she’s chosen to stay with him. They’re both good people, and I feel selfish for saying this, but I’ll admit that I’m jealous. I’ve started getting very stressed and I can’t stop thinking about it, or how much I want to be with her.

Should I cut contact with her? I’d explain my reasoning to her if I did, but I don’t wanna seem rude to just cut her off. I know she still likes me as well so it would hurt her and I don’t want that. I’d be cutting off her bf too. I don’t know anymore. I’m gonna get hurt either way - is anyone able to suggest what the most reasonable option would be?
Reply 1
i'd stop talking to her.
Original post by jayls
i'd stop talking to her.

Alright, thank you. I really don’t want to but it’s just getting increasingly harder to be friends with her so I might have to :frown:
I think you could wait like a few more weeks to see what happens then slowly get more distant from her. Another scenario is you could go out with her best friend or even sister :biggrin:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Alright, thank you. I really don’t want to but it’s just getting increasingly harder to be friends with her so I might have to :frown:

Its going to be okay.. goodluck bro
Original post by Pete1806
I think you could wait like a few more weeks to see what happens then slowly get more distant from her.Another scenario is you could go out with her best friend or even sister :biggrin:

I don’t know if I can cope for a few more weeks but I’ll likely give it a couple of days at least :/
I’m not gonna date her sister :lol: that would be kinda mean of me :tongue:
Original post by SpeedBird1004
Its going to be okay.. goodluck bro

Thank you :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending