The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry Paper 1 GCSE 2022 (triple higher)

anyone wanna compare answers?
Original post by IdrisMoualdi
anyone wanna compare answers?

yess i do
Anyone....
Original post by otakutrash
Anyone....

yes i do
Original post by zarnain_x
yes i do

for the set of mole questions, did you use the balanced symbol equation at the top of the page? like use the ratio 1:2 or something to work out the max mass produced etc.
Original post by Reuben C
for the set of mole questions, did you use the balanced symbol equation at the top of the page? like use the ratio 1:2 or something to work out the max mass produced etc.

yess i did, did you?
yess i did, did you?

yes! so glad someone else did, imo it was quite unclear, hopefully it's correct
yes! so glad someone else did, imo it was quite unclear, hopefully it's correct

i'm still so annoyed about those electrolysis questions
i'm still so annoyed about those electrolysis questions

same, it was a whole question and wasn't in the advanced info. had no idea where the 3 marks for measuring the amount of copper formed would come from, i just waffled
same, it was a whole question and wasn't in the advanced info. had no idea where the 3 marks for measuring the amount of copper formed would come from, i just waffled

i just answered the one marker about which electrode hydrogen would be formed at😭 and the avogadros constant i hope they give us the marks for it, i was so confused in the exam but i just went with it
i just answered the one marker about which electrode hydrogen would be formed at😭 and the avogadros constant i hope they give us the marks for it, i was so confused in the exam but i just went with it

i knew how to do it but when i did it the correct way i got like billions of grams for an atom so i crossed it out, didn't even think about the fact that the actual exam board wrote the constant wrong, how didn't they pick that up
i knew how to do it but when i did it the correct way i got like billions of grams for an atom so i crossed it out, didn't even think about the fact that the actual exam board wrote the constant wrong, how didn't they pick that up

they better give us the marks for it, how did you find physics
they better give us the marks for it, how did you find physics

it was decent, i didn't like some of the questions about the electrical circuits and the last couple pages were a bit confusing but everything else was good, how about you?
it was decent, i didn't like some of the questions about the electrical circuits and the last couple pages were a bit confusing but everything else was good, how about you?

i'm so dumb for the five marker i halved 2 springs to get one, you were meant to just look at the graph for 1 spring
i'm so dumb for the five marker i halved 2 springs to get one, you were meant to just look at the graph for 1 spring

Yeah, it was a funky question, but it was very nice all together, imo.
Original post by samanthat
does anyone remember anymore paper 1 questions as I just wanna see how much I roughly got in both papers and compare my mark to the 2019 grade boundaries
so if anyone remembers anymore questions please put them below.
all i can remember is
the whole electrolysis page worth atleat 8 marks
the maths questions worth 15 marks
the 15 checkboxes worth 15 marks
and literally cant remember anything else, I dont need the whole question just like I listed at the top and the marks would be fine to jog my memory .

dot and cross diagram for bromine (i think), separating mixture (distillation) and testing whether substance is impure, giant covalent structure questions nearer the end of the paper (with table), metallic and ionic compounds (why they conduct/don't), 6 marker acid + alkali and what will work/won't work, titration curves (3 marks), formulations (alloys), quite a lot of chromatography questions

that's all i can remember atm
dot and cross diagram for bromine (i think), separating mixture (distillation) and testing whether substance is impure, giant covalent structure questions nearer the end of the paper (with table), metallic and ionic compounds (why they conduct/don't), 6 marker acid + alkali and what will work/won't work, titration curves (3 marks), formulations (alloys), quite a lot of chromatography questions

that's all i can remember atm

oh okay thanks
What were the chromatography questions about
Reply 18
Original post by Eshalkashif
What were the chromatography questions about

bro it was 11 months ago 💀
Original post by IdrisMoualdi
bro it was 11 months ago 💀

I have a mock for the 2022 exam so I was wondering what the questions are since they’re not online

Quick Reply

Latest