a huge difference?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fandellos)
    Yes.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    do u know how it affects the degree? ie what happens if it aint from an accredited uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trampmaster90)
    do u know how it affects the degree? ie what happens if it aint from an accredited uni?
    Well i assume that you cannot register as a pharmacist then.

ReputationRep:
    so all these unis that offer pharmacy degree who arnt accredited is basically a waste of time i take it

ReputationRep:
    no because by the time you finish your 4th year and the uni becomes accredited then your degree also becomes accredited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzee)
    Well i assume that you cannot register as a pharmacist then.
    Good luck with your interview at Manchester. It's the best uni

ReputationRep:
    thats assuming the uni passes to get its accreditation, but thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatexW)
    Good luck with your interview at Manchester. It's the best uni
    Thank you!! Just a couple of days left!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trampmaster90)
    so all these unis that offer pharmacy degree who arnt accredited is basically a waste of time i take it
    No, a litle bit of research about the uni before can go far. Most uni do get their accreditation, keele and reading should.

I would just be wary of DMU, sunderland and possibly wolverhampton as the one who may lose their accreditation.

But tbh as a prospective Pharmacy student I advised you not to take this factor too much into consideration when choosing a university.

ReputationRep:
    hey

thanks for advice, I've chosen unis which are accredited or will be by 2009, was just interesting to know

anyways cheers

ReputationRep:
    If your uni loses it accreditation on the year you graduate then you don't get MPharm.. i think you get a BSc in Pharmaceutical Sciences. This means you cannot do the prereg and you can't become a pharmacist.

It is very very rare for this to happen so don't get scared by what i have said. The schools who are listed in this thread are likely to have gotten their act together so they should complete the accreditation process.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.