Season 4 of Stranger Things

Watch this thread
Poll: Stranger Things is no longer worth watching.
What?? (2)
40%
I completely agree with you. (2)
40%
Never watched it. (1)
20%
You could be onto something... (0)
0%
SagaciousSag
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I liked it when it first came out, but the extreme popularity of Season 3 has really put me off, and the newest season's trailer doesn't feel as good as the original (or much like it). It's one of the only series I would watch, so I'm a bit disappointed. Could be changing interests, but I don't feel like that's all. Anyone agree/disagree?
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SagaciousSag)
I liked it when it first came out, but the extreme popularity of Season 3 has really put me off, and the newest season's trailer doesn't feel as good as the original (or much like it). It's one of the only series I would watch, so I'm a bit disappointed. Could be changing interests, but I don't feel like that's all. Anyone agree/disagree?
Hi there.

Sorry for no responses but artful_lounger may be able to discuss this.
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SagaciousSag)
I think part of it might just be the time between this season and the last one due to the delays they had in filming due to COVID - it's easy for interests to wane over time (this happened to me with some other things as well).

I watched the season released so far last night, it's OK, maybe not quite as good as earlier series' though. That said it wouldn't surprise me if some of this was down to unplanned rewrites needed to allow them to develop the season during COVID with the issues that created?

It's not as good as the earlier seasons in my opinion but still worth watching I think. It does also fill in some details about the background of how it all got started so at the very least ties up some loose ends in that regard (although also leaves some unanswered questions of course)
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TriplexA)
Hi there.

Sorry for no responses but artful_lounger may be able to discuss this.
also PRSOM
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
also PRSOM
Back at you - bet I surprised you with a non-uni related tag. .

Hope this helps you SagaciousSag
Spoiler:
Show
I'll stop derailing now - sorry.
SagaciousSag
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
I think part of it might just be the time between this season and the last one due to the delays they had in filming due to COVID - it's easy for interests to wane over time (this happened to me with some other things as well).

I watched the season released so far last night, it's OK, maybe not quite as good as earlier series' though. That said it wouldn't surprise me if some of this was down to unplanned rewrites needed to allow them to develop the season during COVID with the issues that created?

It's not as good as the earlier seasons in my opinion but still worth watching I think. It does also fill in some details about the background of how it all got started so at the very least ties up some loose ends in that regard (although also leaves some unanswered questions of course)
You have a fair point with the rewrites. I'll try it and see how I feel about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads