The Student Room Group

Season 4 of Stranger Things

Poll

Stranger Things is no longer worth watching.

I liked it when it first came out, but the extreme popularity of Season 3 has really put me off, and the newest season's trailer doesn't feel as good as the original (or much like it). It's one of the only series I would watch, so I'm a bit disappointed. Could be changing interests, but I don't feel like that's all. Anyone agree/disagree?
Original post by SagaciousSag
I liked it when it first came out, but the extreme popularity of Season 3 has really put me off, and the newest season's trailer doesn't feel as good as the original (or much like it). It's one of the only series I would watch, so I'm a bit disappointed. Could be changing interests, but I don't feel like that's all. Anyone agree/disagree?

Hi there.

Sorry for no responses but @artful_lounger may be able to discuss this. :biggrin:
Original post by SagaciousSag

I think part of it might just be the time between this season and the last one due to the delays they had in filming due to COVID - it's easy for interests to wane over time (this happened to me with some other things as well).

I watched the season released so far last night, it's OK, maybe not quite as good as earlier series' though. That said it wouldn't surprise me if some of this was down to unplanned rewrites needed to allow them to develop the season during COVID with the issues that created?

It's not as good as the earlier seasons in my opinion but still worth watching I think. It does also fill in some details about the background of how it all got started so at the very least ties up some loose ends in that regard (although also leaves some unanswered questions of course) :smile:
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

Sorry for no responses but @artful_lounger may be able to discuss this. :biggrin:

also PRSOM :biggrin:
Original post by artful_lounger
also PRSOM :biggrin:

Back at you - bet I surprised you with a non-uni related tag. :tongue:.

Hope this helps you @SagaciousSag :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by artful_lounger
I think part of it might just be the time between this season and the last one due to the delays they had in filming due to COVID - it's easy for interests to wane over time (this happened to me with some other things as well).

I watched the season released so far last night, it's OK, maybe not quite as good as earlier series' though. That said it wouldn't surprise me if some of this was down to unplanned rewrites needed to allow them to develop the season during COVID with the issues that created?

It's not as good as the earlier seasons in my opinion but still worth watching I think. It does also fill in some details about the background of how it all got started so at the very least ties up some loose ends in that regard (although also leaves some unanswered questions of course) :smile:

You have a fair point with the rewrites. I'll try it and see how I feel about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending