Thinking of transferring to another University after failing second year

Watch this thread
DC17_02
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi there,
Currently I'm second year UG student at a university where the life is not exactly what I wanted and I've been thinking of transferring to another university but I thought I would just hold on for one more year and I would graduate. But the second term of this year was much harder and now I have around 60% chance of failing this year. That's why I started thinking about my options for the next year and I thought that this could be a chance to transfer to another university.
So my question is, is it possible to transfer to another university if I fail this year? How would that affect me? Also I believe I have to speak this with the student loan team but how would this affect my student loan? Will I still be funded?
Also if there is any suggestions that you can give, I would be more than happy read them. Thank you!
anonymoustudent6
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DC17_02)
Hi there,
Currently I'm second year UG student at a university where the life is not exactly what I wanted and I've been thinking of transferring to another university but I thought I would just hold on for one more year and I would graduate. But the second term of this year was much harder and now I have around 60% chance of failing this year. That's why I started thinking about my options for the next year and I thought that this could be a chance to transfer to another university.
So my question is, is it possible to transfer to another university if I fail this year? How would that affect me? Also I believe I have to speak this with the student loan team but how would this affect my student loan? Will I still be funded?
Also if there is any suggestions that you can give, I would be more than happy read them. Thank you!
what university are you at and what course do you study?
DC17_02
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anonymoustudent6)
what university are you at and what course do you study?
University Of Essex. I study Computer Games.
anonymoustudent6
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DC17_02)
University Of Essex. I study Computer Games.
Well it depends on the uni you can go to. Essex is a good uni and you may not want to transfer to a worse one. But you cannot reapply through UCAS for entry of year 2 bc the deadline has passed so you will have to wait until next year. Just see what grades u get imo and then make your decision. But ur decision.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.9%
As I expected (73)
31.33%
Harder (87)
37.34%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.43%

Watched Threads