revision tips for theory based subjects?

Watch this thread
stressingrn
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i'm used to studying for maths/further maths. i just do past papers, go over the topics i got wrong, and do more questions, then more past papers, and i've improved to a A-A* grade.

but for computer science i just don't know how to study and feel like i've exhausted all the ways. i've memorized almost all my flashcards, and watched videos on topics i got wrong in papers ( from craigndave ) yet i'm still getting literally Cs and Ds in past papers. i'm not used to revising theory and dont know what else i can do, so i'm wondering if anyone has any tips or resources. thanks!
E.B5
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by stressingrn)
i'm used to studying for maths/further maths. i just do past papers, go over the topics i got wrong, and do more questions, then more past papers, and i've improved to a A-A* grade.

but for computer science i just don't know how to study and feel like i've exhausted all the ways. i've memorized almost all my flashcards, and watched videos on topics i got wrong in papers ( from craigndave ) yet i'm still getting literally Cs and Ds in past papers. i'm not used to revising theory and dont know what else i can do, so i'm wondering if anyone has any tips or resources. thanks!
Have you done past papers for computer science to practice exam technique because exam mark schemes are very specific on the wording you use and making sure you list all the key points for the allocated marks.
stressingrn
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by E.B5)
Have you done past papers for computer science to practice exam technique because exam mark schemes are very specific on the wording you use and making sure you list all the key points for the allocated marks.
yea i have and i keep getting bad grades
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
32.86%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (32)
45.71%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.43%

Watched Threads