Worried incase my chances of getting into uni are over

Watch this thread
Sniff6
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I have sat my first two A-levels these past few days and it isn't looking good.

I do media, film and photography (waiting for the "you can't get a job with them" and so far things haven't been great with WJEC putting in stuff that was taken off the advance info and AQA putting in 20 mark questions on thing not even on our course (seriously tf is double consciousness???) for the latter I did not write enough and what I wrote was wrong.

I think I have ruined my chances of going to uni, I have found a perfect course, met loads of people on the course and have accommodation sorted with two of my closest friends. I can't lose all of this now.

What could I do if I don't get the grades? Can I still try and get in the course? Can I swap to a similar but different course at the same uni? I don't want to be stuck at home in my dead-end minimum wage job for a year.

Anyone have any advice or in the same boat?
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sniff6)
What could I do if I don't get the grades?

Sometimes Uni will still accept applicants if they are a 'near miss' to fill spaces so don't give up all hope.
And, you are probably panicking totally unnecesarily - you have probably done far better than you think.

What Happens on Results Day - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/res...el-results-day
lucykx3
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
So I have sat my first two A-levels these past few days and it isn't looking good.

I do media, film and photography (waiting for the "you can't get a job with them" and so far things haven't been great with WJEC putting in stuff that was taken off the advance info and AQA putting in 20 mark questions on thing not even on our course (seriously tf is double consciousness???) for the latter I did not write enough and what I wrote was wrong.

I think I have ruined my chances of going to uni, I have found a perfect course, met loads of people on the course and have accommodation sorted with two of my closest friends. I can't lose all of this now.

What could I do if I don't get the grades? Can I still try and get in the course? Can I swap to a similar but different course at the same uni? I don't want to be stuck at home in my dead-end minimum wage job for a year.

Anyone have any advice or in the same boat?
Hey, i don’t really know how this app works but hopefully you see this. i also had my media exam today (was wjec “media in the global age”) and i completely messed up and went blank. i also have booked accommodation and need 71 ucas points which is a BC grade since i’m only doing two a levels. i don’t know what i’ll do if i don’t get into this course it’s all i want i really hope you’re okay i understand how upset you were. these last two years have been so unfair and this exam predicts most of my grade from the last two years. </3
Leslie Knope
Badges: 20
Report 4 weeks ago
You CAN get a job with them, fyi.
Sniff6
Rep:
(Original post by lucykx3)
Hey, i don’t really know how this app works but hopefully you see this. i also had my media exam today (was wjec “media in the global age”) and i completely messed up and went blank. i also have booked accommodation and need 71 ucas points which is a BC grade since i’m only doing two a levels. i don’t know what i’ll do if i don’t get into this course it’s all i want i really hope you’re okay i understand how upset you were. these last two years have been so unfair and this exam predicts most of my grade from the last two years. </3
I hope we both make it
Sniff6
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Sometimes Uni will still accept applicants if they are a 'near miss' to fill spaces so don't give up all hope.
And, you are probably panicking totally unnecesarily - you have probably done far better than you think.

What Happens on Results Day - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/res...el-results-day
Even if it says I have to meet the grades? I need BBC so if I get CCB is there a chance I still make it
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Even if it says I have to meet the grades? I need BBC so if I get CCB is there a chance I still make it
It depends entirely on
a) what grades others get - and therefore if there are any spaces on that course.
b) how the Uni decide to fill them - 'near miss' or put the course in Clearing.
There is no way of predicting this or second-guessing it and you cannot just assume that the Uni will accept you whatever grades you get.
Lynd11
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I have a friend who applied for a creative course and didn’t get in, but she told me she contacted the uni and expressed her desire to do what she’s dreamed of. I think she somehow got an interview, and she got in 🤷🏻*♀️ Also as above clearing may be an option for you to fill spaces if they have room.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (1)
20%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (4)
80%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads