The Student Room Group

Last Minute A Level Revision Blog :D

Hello, serial procrastinator here! Trying to force myself to finish strong and do myself justice. Plus I think this would be fun for me to look back on lmao. I'll try to update this every day with honest progress checks :u:

Subjects: Math(AQA) ,Bio(EDUQAS) ,Chem (OCR A)
Grades needed: ABB (in any order of subjects) or BBBB (if I get a B in the EPQ)
Grades wanted: AAAB (B in an EPQ)
GRADES ACHIEVED (18/08/2022) AAB + A* in EPQ

December Mock Results (Y13) BBB (Lack of study technique and motivation)

Any advice and help would be really appreciated!

So far I've revised:

-MATHS:
-All of pure
-Made large data set flashcards

-BIOLOGY:
-Flashcards on:
-Core concepts
-All of C3 (Except Immunology (Option)) -> All of C3 (01/06/2022)
-Half of C1 -> All of C1 (31/05/2022)
-None of C2

CHEMISTRY: ALL CONTENT REVISED (21/05/2022)
-Covered each spec point for:
-Module 2
-Module 3
-Module 4
-Module 5 (29/05/2022)
-Module 6 (30/06/2022)
-Made condensed noted on all of the course but it doesn't cover certain parts of the spec

Exams dates::afraid:
MATHEMATICS ADV (MATHEMATICS ADV PAPER 1) 07-06-2022 13:00 15:00
Biology A level (Biology Component 1 Energy for Life) 09-06-2022 13:00 15:00
CHEMISTRY A - CHEMISTRY A (CHEM A: PRDC TBLE ELMNT PHY CHM WTN) 13-06-2022 09:00 11:15
MATHEMATICS ADV (MATHEMATICS ADV PAPER 2) 14-06-2022 13:00 15:00
Biology A level (Biology Component 2 Continuity Life) 17-06-2022 09:00 11:00
CHEMISTRY A - CHEMISTRY A (CHEM A: SYNTHS & ANLYTCL TCHNQS WTN) 20-06-2022 09:00 11:15
MATHEMATICS ADV (MATHEMATICS ADV PAPER 3) 21-06-2022 13:00 15:00
CHEMISTRY A - CHEMISTRY A (CHEM A: UNIFIED CHEMISTRY WTN) 23-06-2022 09:00 10:30
Biology A level (Biology Component 3 Requirements) 24-06-2022 09:00 11:00
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello, good luck for your exams!!
28/05/2022

7:11

Woke up and found out my autosave didn't work for my module 4 slides fml:banghead:
Redoing them with tears in my eyes.

9:16

Finished redoing: Basic concepts for organic, Alkanes, Alkenes, Alcohols, Haloalkanes

9:16-11:05
Breakfast and facetime with relatives

11:05-12:12

Finished redoing module 4 (Analytical techniques and organic synthesis)

12:12-12:45

Break

12:45-15:00

Finished how fast.... and a documentary on Egypt lol

15:00-15:45

Dinner

16:00-17:10

Exercise

17:10-17:40

Unnecessarily long bath :smile:

17:40-21:24

Finished 'How Far' 'Acids Bases and Buffers' (2 topics in 3 and a half hours is shocking :cry: really puts into perspective how badly I procrastinate)
First breakdown of the day woohoo (werent even about chemistry lol- the thought of bio scared me so much)

(ENDING THOUGHTS)
Really disappointed ngl, i spent a lot of time during the study sessions switching music, checking TSR ect ect. I really wanted to be able to finish chem today but having to redo module 4 really set me back. Planning on waking up early tomorrow to make up for lost time.

But hey! Procrastinating actually did me a solid, found a absolute gem of a study track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z77ikRecGI

New goal for my self:

Commit to studying 2 hours before any breaks to reduce the chances of me hopping on youtube lol

Also no matter what Im starting past papers on Monday, if i don't finish the topic revision its on me entirely to weave it in when i can.
(edited 1 year ago)
29/05/2022

6:49
I'm awake.... barely :nothing:
Gonna get cracking on Module 5. Like i mentioned yesterday I'm going to commit to two hours of studying before any breaks.
Hopefully, in this session ill be able to finish Lattice enthalpy, entropy and redox as a minimum.
Updating in a bit!:burnout:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sunfish/Squid
29/05/2022

6:49
I'm awake.... barely :nothing:
Gonna get cracking on Module 5. Like i mentioned yesterday I'm going to commit to two hours of studying before any breaks.
Hopefully, in this session ill be able to finish Lattice enthalpy, entropy and redox as a minimum.
Updating in a bit!:burnout:

7:37
Finished LE

8:15
Finished Entropy

8:37
Finished Redox

Not exactly 2 hours but I've done my bare minimums before the deadline whoop whoop
Gonna go take a hour to shower and eat breakfast

Ill be back at 9:30... I hope.

After that gonna finish Electrode potentials and Transition elements then ill be all done for module 5 :biggrin:
7:37
Finished LE

8:15
Finished Entropy

8:37
Finished Redox

Not exactly 2 hours but I've done my bare minimums before the deadline whoop whoop
Gonna go take a hour to shower and eat breakfast

Ill be back at 9:30... I hope.

After that gonna finish Electrode potentials and Transition elements then ill be all done for module 5 :biggrin:

Back at 9:57...
Gonna get cracking on the work now!
when you revise chemistry what sort of activities do you do? random questions or? im struggling with my revision and want to cover the advanced info effectively
good luck on your exams, I'm sure you'll do amazing!
Original post by papillonluv
when you revise chemistry what sort of activities do you do? random questions or? im struggling with my revision and want to cover the advanced info effectively

I bought the CGP student book (revision guide) which covers all the content and has end of chapter and exam style questions on each topic. I'm using the Practical Chemistry student guide for the PAGs. I'm only doing the questions for the topics I'm struggling on to save time.

To cover all the spec points I made this massive PPT using my spec with each spec point as one slide, what I'm doing right now is making sure I address all the spec points. Hopefully when I finish the spec, I can just screenshot the slides and convert them into digital flashcards in Anki using image occlusion. Its only around 240 cards some of which are simple calculations/definitions so I'm planning on doing them daily until my exams. (Not sure if ill follow through with it lol)

Since exams are literally in 3 weeks for chem I'm gonna start doing past papers tomorrow!
Back at 9:57...
Gonna get cracking on the work now!

Lil update:

I finished electrode potentials at 10:35
I had to go to town to buy some ballpoints for the exam lmao i dont own a single working ball point pen.
I've been using gel for the last 2 years cuz ballpoints hurt my wrist and i think they suck to write with.
So I went to town(inc travelling) 10:50-13:25
I had to go get some other stuff too. Cant believe how expensive good pens are oh my days.

13:45-15:08
Transition elements are finished! That's all of module 5 whoop whoop:awesome:

15:15-16:27
Just ate and did some exercise gonna crack on with a bit of maths before I do module 6.
Lil update:

I finished electrode potentials at 10:35
I had to go to town to buy some ballpoints for the exam lmao i dont own a single working ball point pen.
I've been using gel for the last 2 years cuz ballpoints hurt my wrist and i think they suck to write with.
So I went to town(inc travelling) 10:50-13:25
I had to go get some other stuff too. Cant believe how expensive good pens are oh my days.

13:45-15:08
Transition elements are finished! That's all of module 5 whoop whoop:awesome:

15:15-16:27
Just ate and did some exercise gonna crack on with a bit of maths before I do module 6.

17:24
Finished with some calculus, starting aromatics now.
Next update will be at the end of the day!
17:24
Finished with some calculus, starting aromatics now.
Next update will be at the end of the day!

Omg... kill me now.
My bloody S-pen nib snapped with half of the nib still inside.
I literally cried lol.
I spent so long looking up how to get the DAMN THING OUT. I managed in the end... after burning myself with a hot needle THRICE

Still finished aromatics tho :wink:

(ENDING THOUGHTS)
I hate organic.
Plans for tomorrow:
1) Finish module 6
2) Ankify everything (Including biology too)
3) Do a maths paper
30/05/2022
Good morning! I'm trying to cut off caffeine since i've been drinking waaay too many cups during study leave. Early mornings are not fun right now.
The plan for today is:
6:20-8:20 : Module 6
(Make sure to Ankify all of chem and the rest of C1 )
12:00-14:15 : Maths P1 Predicted Paper

6:20
Gonna begin module 6 now Illl do a update in a few hours :boring:
(edited 1 year ago)
30/05/2022
Good morning! I'm trying to cut off caffeine since i've been drinking waaay too many cups during study leave. Early mornings are not fun right now.
The plan for today is:
6:20-8:20 : Module 6
(Make sure to Ankify all of chem and the rest of C1 )
12:00-14:15 : Maths P1 Predicted Paper

6:20
Gonna begin module 6 now Illl do a update in a few hours :boring:

8:27

Gonna take a break now, organic is killing me. Currently on slide 204/241 I should be able to finish it before the end of the day hopefully.
(edited 1 year ago)
8:27

Gonna take a break now, organic is killing me. Currently on slide 204/241 I should be able to finish it before 12 hopefully.

8:40
Back to chem. Trying to finish up to 220 before my parents wake up and the house gets noisy lol

9:45
Gonna go eat/shower currently on slide 215
Probably will take a hour
(edited 1 year ago)
what's on these slides i have the student book aswell trying to do some end of chapter questions, go through my flashcards before doing pmt u think there's any point in physically writing down anything for pmt so many questions it just slows me down
Do you mind sending the slides? I don’t mind sending you some resources too :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
I would also really like access to the slides too
21:07
Finished with chemistry WHOOP WHOOP! Took waaaay to long, i definitely procrastinated more since i hated revising organic lol
Biology flashcards is up next! Will be quick since the notes are already made so I wont have to write everything by hand :u:
Gonna spend tomorrow morning dedicated to ankifying everything then past papers after when I'm done

Ending thoughts:
Tired.

8:40
Back to chem. Trying to finish up to 220 before my parents wake up and the house gets noisy lol

9:45
Gonna go eat/shower currently on slide 215
Probably will take a hour
Original post by boluosinks
what's on these slides i have the student book aswell trying to do some end of chapter questions, go through my flashcards before doing pmt u think there's any point in physically writing down anything for pmt so many questions it just slows me down

Original post by QueenzOfShadows
Do you mind sending the slides? I don’t mind sending you some resources too :smile:

I'm not really tech savvy so I don't know how to overcome this.
The PowerPoint is 52.3 MB, I've been trying to find a way to send this VIA student room/ email to my friend but it seems like the file is too big...
I was trying to split the slides into smaller PowerPoints but they keep crashing:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending