The Student Room Group

Last Minute A Level Revision Blog :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by boluosinks
what's on these slides i have the student book aswell trying to do some end of chapter questions, go through my flashcards before doing pmt u think there's any point in physically writing down anything for pmt so many questions it just slows me down

I screenshotted every single spec point and made a slide per point (240 in total). I try to keep things brief, just answering the spec point but I've found that I needed some further context/details on some for it to make sense. The student guide is great cuz it addresses everything.

Well... i'm really bad when it comes to doing practice questions (probably why I keep getting Bs lol). I literally only did recall/cramming for all my exams so far. Stupid, i know... so i cant really help you with the last point.:dontknow:
Original post by Sunfish/Squid
I screenshotted every single spec point and made a slide per point (240 in total). I try to keep things brief, just answering the spec point but I've found that I needed some further context/details on some for it to make sense. The student guide is great cuz it addresses everything.

Well... i'm really bad when it comes to doing practice questions (probably why I keep getting Bs lol). I literally only did recall/cramming for all my exams so far. Stupid, i know... so i cant really help you with the last point.:dontknow:

If you find it hard to email maybe upload it to Google drive and then make a Google drive link because that’s what I do when I share links. It’s also very quick so you just upload it and then you make the link shareable to anybody and then post the link
(edited 1 year ago)
31/05/2022

07:34
God is testing me today. :bawling:
pain.png
Original post by QueenzOfShadows
If you find it hard to email maybe upload it to Google drive and then make a Google drive link because that’s what I do when I share links. It’s also very quick so you just upload it and then you make the link shareable to anybody and then post the link

Something must've gone wrong with my autosave yesterday, a lot of my slides that I did yesterday and even some that I did before seemed to have lost the writing on them. I'm so done with chemistry fml. If i manage to recover the slides i'll try the drive method.

31/05/2022

pain.png
Something must've gone wrong with my autosave yesterday, a lot of my slides that I did yesterday and even some that I did before seemed to have lost the writing on them. I'm so done with chemistry fml. If i manage to recover the slides i'll try the drive method.

That’s really sad. I hope you recover your slides.
That’s really sad. I hope you recover your slides.

Sadly, I haven't been able to get them back :frown: I've lost the entirety of module 6 and a lil bit of module 5... I dont really have enough time to redo them completely... However going through the spec, most of it is just learning the mechanisms and there's a lot of resources online for those so ill probably just use image occlusion on those.

I've ran into a issue on google drive... it keeps my images and text boxes but all the handwritten stuff i've written on the ppt using the 'draw' function is missing. I don't think its gonna be every useful since its just the spec points on each slide. If you still want them to make your own notes its here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1vcUsFs7rpd33FizBjKk52hQvpRpMAleOWxNVlpbJbvc/edit?usp=sharing

Writing missing.png
31/05/2022

pain.png

10:50

Now that i've been through the 5 stages of grieve... I'm not gonna redo the slides, just moving onto pure/c1 practice since i have 7 days until those exams. If i have time, on the weekend before P2/P3 i might go back and fix them. Im beyond done with chemistry at this point so i honestly cba:colonhash:
I'm gonna try finish C1: Photosynthesis, Anaerobic/Aerobic respiration and the importance of ATP.
Will probably take 2 hours at least.
Ill update after

Now that i've been through the 5 stages of grieve... I'm not gonna redo the slides, just moving onto pure/c1 practice since i have 7 days until those exams. If i have time, on the weekend before P2/P3 i might go back and fix them. Im beyond done with chemistry at this point so i honestly cba:colonhash:
I'm gonna try finish C1: Photosynthesis, Anaerobic/Aerobic respiration and the importance of ATP.
Ill update after

Save my exams have some notes for chemistry, they may help. Chemrevise is pretty good too.
Save my exams have some notes for chemistry, they may help. Chemrevise is pretty good too.

https://www.savemyexams.co.uk/a-level/chemistry/ocr/17/revision-notes/

https://chemrevise.org/ocr-revision-guides/

I would use the spec with these notes though because not everything is covered. Machemguy does revision videos for the spec.
https://www.savemyexams.co.uk/a-level/chemistry/ocr/17/revision-notes/

https://chemrevise.org/ocr-revision-guides/

I would use the spec with these notes though because not everything is covered. Machemguy does revision videos for the spec.

Thank youuu :h:

Ill update after

End of the day update:
Officially finished C1 yay... Spent like 5 hours on a mobile game, my eyes stings so badly and i feel so guilty. I've made immunology notes for C3 which ill ankify with the chem slides tomorrow, finish C2 and then we can start doing past papers. Bit the bullet and redid the missing C5 slides as well as the M6 slides that were on advanced info topics. Others i just CBAAAA
Although I might delay C2 a bit idk yet since Its such a odd component. But yea. Gonna wake up early tomorrow trying for like 5 am. I used to wake up at 5 am to do BMAT/UCAT practice... idk where that dedication has gone but i need it back lol .

Gonna go give up my phone as well, gonna get my parents to keep a hold of it so I don't squander the remainder of my time haha...
I'll try to update in real time tomorrow, today i just felt so bad throughout the day cuz of the slides that i didn't even want to try anymore. Better luck tomorrow.
01/06/2022

5:06
Gonna try finish ankifying C2, chem, immunology as a minimum if I can ill try redo some of more core concepts/c3 cards as well like cells. By 12 O'clock (including breaks and breakfast ofc)

I'll aim to do updates after each task. Gonna go hydrate and chug some water lol. I feel dead.
(edited 1 year ago)
6:20
Okay ngl procrastinated a lil bit- i spent some time resetting/changing my anki intervals and went over the practicals mentioned for biology using the teacher's guide. Also realised i missed out the nervous system for C3 oops

Now im gonna do immunology before starting c2 because immunology is lowkey my favourite topic.

01/06/2022

5:06
Gonna try finish ankifying C2, chem, immunology as a minimum if I can ill try redo some of more core concepts/c3 cards as well like cells. By 12 O'clock (including breaks and breakfast ofc)

I'll aim to do updates after each task. Gonna go hydrate and chug some water lol. I feel dead.
(edited 1 year ago)
6:20
Okay ngl procrastinated a lil bit- i spent some time resetting/changing my anki intervals and went over the practicals mentioned for biology using the teacher's guide. Also realised i missed out the nervous system for C3 oops

Now im gonna do immunology before starting c2 because immunology is lowkey my favourite topic.

6:53
Finished converting immunology flashcards.
Gonna go hydrate and wash up, aiming to be back for 7!
7:00
Just made the fastest cup of tea ever :tongue:
Gonna go do nerves- will probably take a bit longer since its been a while since I visited the topic.

6:53
Finished converting immunology flashcards.
Gonna go hydrate and wash up, aiming to be back for 7!
7:00
Just made the fastest cup of tea ever :tongue:
Gonna go do nerves- will probably take a bit longer since its been a while since I visited the topic.

8:19
Finished Nerves and thats all of C3 bio done! Gonna go washup and eat breakfast be back in a hour 15
8:19
Finished Nerves and thats all of C3 bio done! Gonna go washup and eat breakfast be back in a hour 15

10:26
Welp...

Gonna start on C2 now will probably take 2 hours and a bit more, ill update when I finish each topic.
10:26
Welp...

Gonna start on C2 now will probably take 2 hours and a bit more, ill update when I finish each topic.

10:55
I started on C2 but then realised my nucleic acids (core concepts) flashcards are a mess.
I'm gonna redo first- it'll be quick
10:55
I started on C2 but then realised my nucleic acids (core concepts) flashcards are a mess.
I'm gonna redo first- it'll be quick

12:04

I lied. Just finished bio molecules. Lord save me. Taking a 10 min break. I'm aiming to finish core concepts today. I think I will leave C2 until after I finish my actual C1 exam for bio. I really need to start doing maths papers and bio paper 1.
(edited 1 year ago)
12:04

I lied. Just finished bio molecules. Lord save me. Taking a 10 min break. I'm aiming to finish core concepts today. I think I will leave C2 until after I finish my actual C1 exam for bio. I really need to start doing maths papers and bio paper 1.

14:00
Holy cow this is taking way longer than i expected- just finished cells. I'm gonna change up my plans a bit:
-Dinner at 15:00 ish
-Cell membranes/Nucliec Acids/Enzymes Until 16:30
-16:30-17:00 Revise a bit of pure
- 17:00-19:00 Maths P1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending