The Student Room Group

Last Minute A Level Revision Blog :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sunfish/Squid
14:00
Holy cow this is taking way longer than i expected- just finished cells. I'm gonna change up my plans a bit:
-Dinner at 15:00 ish
-Cell membranes/Nucliec Acids/Enzymes Until 16:30
-16:30-17:00 Revise a bit of pure
- 17:00-19:00 Maths P1

when u say c1.2 etc are those referring to paper 1 2 or to chapters
Original post by KA_P
Best of luck!!! :hugs:

Thank you ! :h:
finally Someone else who does eduqas bio !!! good luck!
Original post by boluosinks
when u say c1.2 etc are those referring to paper 1 2 or to chapters

Papers, eduqas calls them 'Components'
Advanced info.png
Thats the advanced info but there's like a few more topics.
Original post by Harriet234
finally Someone else who does eduqas bio !!! good luck!

Omg no way-
I literally dont know ANYONE who does eduqas outside of college :eek:
Which option are you doing for C3?
Omg no way-
I literally dont know ANYONE who does eduqas outside of college :eek:
Which option are you doing for C3?

no neither !!! I know a few wjec but that's it!!!
I did neurobiology but majorly regret it 🤣 wbu?
no neither !!! I know a few wjec but that's it!!!
I did neurobiology but majorly regret it 🤣 wbu?

Our college forced us to all pick immunology lol, lowkey thankful because it looks a lot more easier than the other two.

I'm actually stressing so much for bio, how is revision going for you? I actually cant believe the exam is next week :afraid:
Our college forced us to all pick immunology lol, lowkey thankful because it looks a lot more easier than the other two.

I'm actually stressing so much for bio, how is revision going for you? I actually cant believe the exam is next week :afraid:

immunology looked really interesting!
its going okay, I am petrified for the exam and can't seem to get what the mark scheme wants for the past papers 🥲 I think content wise I'm okay tho, component 2 is definitely the worst but I am ignoring that until next week is over🤣
Hows it going for you? I saw you also do OCR chem, me too!
immunology looked really interesting!
its going okay, I am petrified for the exam and can't seem to get what the mark scheme wants for the past papers 🥲 I think content wise I'm okay tho, component 2 is definitely the worst but I am ignoring that until next week is over🤣
Hows it going for you? I saw you also do OCR chem, me too!

Yeah, its either i write waaaaay too much when the mark scheme wants like 10 words or not nearly enough.
I relate so much with c2, its so dry in my opinion. I struggle with nucleic acids too so yeah....
Ngl, biology is my least revised subject thank God the boundaries are quite nice.

Omg- the chances of this :lol:
OCR really did us dirty with the advanced info. I bet the multiple choice this year is going to be hell :colonhash:
14:00
Holy cow this is taking way longer than i expected- just finished cells. I'm gonna change up my plans a bit:
-Dinner at 15:00 ish
-Cell membranes/Nucliec Acids/Enzymes Until 16:30
-16:30-17:00 Revise a bit of pure
- 17:00-19:00 Maths P1

17:50
Finished core concepts, took a nap, gonna spend 10 mins looking at pure then start doing a paper. I'm still knackered. :facepalm:
(edited 1 year ago)
Yeah, its either i write waaaaay too much when the mark scheme wants like 10 words or not nearly enough.
I relate so much with c2, its so dry in my opinion. I struggle with nucleic acids too so yeah....
Ngl, biology is my least revised subject thank God the boundaries are quite nice.

Omg- the chances of this :lol:
OCR really did us dirty with the advanced info. I bet the multiple choice this year is going to be hell :colonhash:

literally or you miss out like one word and that's 4 marks gone 🥲
its so boring and like overall confusing but the papers don't seem to ask much in depth for the genetic engineering bit so Maybe that will be okay!

ik, i just gave up with it and revised everything ngl but the bits where it says like practical skills are stressing me out like does it just want me to use data they give us from an experiment or does it want me to recite the experiment method 🤦🏼*♀️
literally or you miss out like one word and that's 4 marks gone 🥲
its so boring and like overall confusing but the papers don't seem to ask much in depth for the genetic engineering bit so Maybe that will be okay!

ik, i just gave up with it and revised everything ngl but the bits where it says like practical skills are stressing me out like does it just want me to use data they give us from an experiment or does it want me to recite the experiment method 🤦🏼*♀️

I have so many examples of that happening to me (and im still bitter about it).
Fingers crossed! Im hoping the mathsy bits like the T test and Hardy Weinberg will be my saving grace :crossedf:

Yeah, my least favourite part about bio and chem were the practical bits. We got our lab books back and I can't read a single thing i scribbled down in Year 12 lol :burnout:
I hope its reciting because I've been slaving over memorising my diagrams and method...

What do you do as your 3rd subject? Have you had any exams yet?
17:50
Finished core concepts, took a nap, gonna spend 10 mins looking at pure then start doing a paper. I'm still knackered. :facepalm:

20:42
Finished Maths P1 2018 haven't marked it cuz I want to reattempt some questions.
Not feeling great oh my days what on EARTH was Q13?
Did it under exam conditions and kept making silly mistakes.
I'll do the questions again w/o notes but not under timed conditions tomorrow.

Gonna go wash up now, another early morning tomorrow:s:
If i have time left before 21:30 ill do some anki cards.... yay
I have so many examples of that happening to me (and im still bitter about it).
Fingers crossed! Im hoping the mathsy bits like the T test and Hardy Weinberg will be my saving grace :crossedf:

Yeah, my least favourite part about bio and chem were the practical bits. We got our lab books back and I can't read a single thing i scribbled down in Year 12 lol :burnout:
I hope its reciting because I've been slaving over memorising my diagrams and method...

What do you do as your 3rd subject? Have you had any exams yet?

ooo yeah or the chi squared in inheritance they are nice marks
I do geography as my 3rd so I had one exam last week and then another on Wednesday next week but then im done with geography so I can just focus on the other 2 which is nice !
what are you hoping to do next year?
5:09
Just checked my countdown timer thingy and i wish i hadnt lol
Gonna get cracking with coreconcepts/C1 flashcards right now.
I'll spend some time today making a timetable so I can cover all the past papers.
ooo yeah or the chi squared in inheritance they are nice marks
I do geography as my 3rd so I had one exam last week and then another on Wednesday next week but then im done with geography so I can just focus on the other 2 which is nice !
what are you hoping to do next year?

That nice! I have all 9 exams in the next 3 weeks- maths and chem especially worry me since they're constantly back to back :dong:

If I get the grades- hopefully medicine at Lancaster! I really like the uni and its only a hour away from my city by car so its somewhat close to home but far away enough for me to justify moving to student accommodation :proud:
That nice! I have all 9 exams in the next 3 weeks- maths and chem especially worry me since they're constantly back to back :dong:

If I get the grades- hopefully medicine at Lancaster! I really like the uni and its only a hour away from my city by car so its somewhat close to home but far away enough for me to justify moving to student accommodation :proud:

that's annoying! you would think they would try spread them out considering most people do chemistry and maths !
oo that's cool! yeah its far enough away for you to move but close enough if you want to come home!
that's annoying! you would think they would try spread them out considering most people do chemistry and maths !
oo that's cool! yeah its far enough away for you to move but close enough if you want to come home!

I'm thankful that at least I don't have any clashes- a lot of my friends who do sociology have a clash bio so they'll be in college sitting or waiting to sit exams for the entire day :nothing:

Precisely! I'm really looking forward to moving out, cant wait to be skint! :banana:

What are your plans for next year?
5:09
Just checked my countdown timer thingy and i wish i hadnt lol
Gonna get cracking with coreconcepts/C1 flashcards right now.
I'll spend some time today making a timetable so I can cover all the past papers.

6:53
Going to washup and grab a tea.
Going to review a maths paper afterwards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending