Help … playfighting

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Right, so I know this is a petty probably over analysing question but I was just wondering if I could have some guidance please. If a guy is constantly teasing me as in physically shoving me, poking me and play fighting etc is that something guys do to girls who are friends or girls that they like ?

Side note, not actually this situation but my friend had this before but at the time he had a girlfriend. Is this appropriate ?
sarah1234ss
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Hmm I'd say that's pretty flirty. I wouldn't want my boyfriend play fighting with a girl, but that's just me hahah
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Ask him why he does it.
Shawn2006
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Right, so I know this is a petty probably over analysing question but I was just wondering if I could have some guidance please. If a guy is constantly teasing me as in physically shoving me, poking me and play fighting etc is that something guys do to girls who are friends or girls that they like ?

Side note, not actually this situation but my friend had this before but at the time he had a girlfriend. Is this appropriate ?
when i had a crush on a girl a while ago she would keep on punishing me in the crotch in a playful way and i hated it but kinda.. liked it ig.. anyway one day i asked her why she does that and she said cause she liked me so we started dating (we broke up tho lol)
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
It's - assuming you / the victim don't want him to be touched by him in this manner - assault and battery.

Take whatever measures seem most appropriate for you - or whoever the victim is - to stop being a victim of these crimes.

Every person in the UK has the right to their personal space and to not be touched by other people when they would prefer to be left alone.

This person initiating the playfighting is totally out of order.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
It’s a form of flirting, presuming that is that it is welcomed
Anonymous #1
Thank you all for your replies. I do like him so I don’t mind it and he’s never actually hurt me and we’ve actually had discussion before about this so it’s the gentle playful type.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sarah1234ss)
Hmm I'd say that's pretty flirty. I wouldn't want my boyfriend play fighting with a girl, but that's just me hahah
That’s why she was confused as she thought it wouldn’t be something that they would do whilst having a girlfriend.
Cheesecake04
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Pretty sure that’s flirting but I wouldn’t take my word fully for it as some guys are naturally like that if you’re really close friends.
Last edited by Cheesecake04; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Cheesecake04)
Pretty sure that’s flirting but I wouldn’t take my word fully for it as some guys are naturally like that if you’re really close friends.
Ah okay, that’s why I was confused. Thank you .
Cheesecake04
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ah okay, that’s why I was confused. Thank you .
No problem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads