Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got big uni exams in Jan coming up and although I have been revising consistently I'm nowhere near finishing the course content. I had plans to recap each module 5 times but now I'll be lucky if I get round to finish everything once. Hate myself for being so slow and wish I could pick up pace. Feeling like I'm sitting on a ticking timebomb and I'm so scared about failing. And no, I can't repeat the year...because I am already repeating

ReputationRep:
    It's November. Early(ish) November. This isn't the time to be panicking about this yet.

If it gets to mid December and you're in a similar situation, then there is cause for concerd.

Maybe your revision technique is holding you back? Try adopting a different style... Just an idea.

Keep plugging away...

(Original post by Kinkerz)
    It's November. Early(ish) November. This isn't the time to be panicking about this yet.

If it gets to mid December and you're in a similar situation, then there is cause for concerd.

Maybe your revision technique is holding you back? Try adopting a different style... Just an idea.

Keep plugging away...
    I'm studying medicine and the work load is really heavy. Your words have calmed me down, but if I keep this pace up I WON'T be finished by December..... *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    lack of sleep is a big cause of stress - go to bed! I have massive problems staying up late and not doing anything properly because I'm too tired...brain works best between 10am and 5pm for me and I try to get at least 8hrs sleep a night...which has actually been helpful! (not tonight obv...was in bed all day with a hangover so I only got up at 6pm ...but in general yeah...8hrs sleep is gooood )
    You don't need to recap everything 5 times to revise effectively - for my AS exams I did two repeats of the material, once a general reading through and highlighting, the second time making revision note, and looking through those before the exams. I'm planning on doing the same for my A2s in January...I'm not at uni so I can't be certain that the same will work for you, but so far I've been successful learning for exams in this way...
    best of luck though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm studying medicine and the work load is really heavy. Your words have calmed me down, but if I keep this pace up I WON'T be finished by December..... *sigh*
    You must know this, by getting the A-level grades to do Medicine, but things start to click. I'm nowhere near finishing the CHM4 syllabus (~1/3) in class, for which the exam is in January. But I'm not getting overly concerned because it's surprising how things start to click, even with a fairly small amount of work. I know comparing A-level Chemistry with Medicine is a bit silly, but the principle is the same.

I'll say it again. Keep plugging away.

Maybe talk to a member of staff that you'd feel most comfortable talking about this issue with . See what they have to say.

(Original post by sadie-kiki)
    lack of sleep is a big cause of stress - go to bed! I have massive problems staying up late and not doing anything properly because I'm too tired...brain works best between 10am and 5pm for me and I try to get at least 8hrs sleep a night...which has actually been helpful! (not tonight obv...was in bed all day with a hangover so I only got up at 6pm ...but in general yeah...8hrs sleep is gooood )
    You don't need to recap everything 5 times to revise effectively - for my AS exams I did two repeats of the material, once a general reading through and highlighting, the second time making revision note, and looking through those before the exams. I'm planning on doing the same for my A2s in January...I'm not at uni so I can't be certain that the same will work for you, but so far I've been successful learning for exams in this way...
    best of luck though...
    So true. I never get a good night's sleep anymore. Like I'll wake up after 4 hours to a bad nightmare and try working but my brain can't function properly. I hateeeee exams!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.