Will there be an housing crash?

Watch this thread
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
chelseafan
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
*a

And no prob not, there's a lack of supply and lots of people waiting for one.
Kutie Karen
Rep:
(Original post by chelseafan)
*a

And no prob not, there's a lack of supply and lots of people waiting for one.
I was thinking that as people are struggling and recession around the corner then surely house prices have to go down right?
chelseafan
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kutie Karen)
I was thinking that as people are struggling and recession around the corner then surely house prices have to go down right?
The problem is that EVERYONE is thinking that and there is a lot of buying pressure. They aren't going down significantly, the supply is too low.

Also will depend on the location heavily as well.
Kutie Karen
Rep:
So you do think they will go down. How much do you think the housing market take a battering?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
they will go down a bit, but they will still be unaffordable for most people.
Kutie Karen
Rep:
(Original post by the bear)
they will go down a bit, but they will still be unaffordable for most people.
Why do you think that? I think the recession around the corner will give the housing market a battering.
Quady
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Will BoE set interest rates above 5%?
Kutie Karen
Rep:
(Original post by Quady)
Will BoE set interest rates above 5%?
I guess so. Inflation is out of control !
Quady
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Why would cash buyers be struggling though....?
Kutie Karen
Rep:
(Original post by Quady)
Why would cash buyers be struggling though....?
I don't think there that many cash buyers!
Quady
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't think there that many cash buyers!
45% of UK residential sales are cash.
Jack22031994
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Eventually yes as markets always do
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, eventually.
Probably will occur first in some parts of northern ireland and south wales.
Reue
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Being relatively cash rich and equity poor; I hope so.. but can't see it happening tbh.
Kutie Karen
Rep:
(Original post by Quady)
45% of UK residential sales are cash.
I didn't know that. Source?
Quady
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I didn't know that. Source?
Soz 40%.
Name:  Screenshot_20220529-205755_The Times.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  167.5 KB
Little pecker
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
God I hope so
Kutie Karen
Rep:
(Original post by Quady)
Soz 40%.
Name:  Screenshot_20220529-205755_The Times.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  167.5 KB
Wow. That is pretty interesting fact!
Kutie Karen
Rep:
How much interest does the help to buy mortgage charge once the interest free period is over?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.92%
As I expected (24)
30.77%
Harder (29)
37.18%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.13%

Watched Threads