Give a piece of advice

Watch this thread
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
It could be about anything.

I'll start...

In life, there will come a time when you have a blocked toilet, and no matter what you do you cannot shift the problem.
Before you waste a ridiculous amount of your hard earned brass on calling out a plumber, buy a flat head plunger. Specifically flat head.
Spoiler:
Show
Name:  MON1453.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  25.5 KB

They work for the most stubborn of toilet blockages.

It sounds like the most boring piece of advice ever, but trust me, it's so useful.

What's your advice?
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)

I'll start...

In life, there will come a time when you have a blocked toilet, and no matter what you do you cannot shift the problem.
Before you waste a ridiculous amount of your hard earned brass on calling out a plumber, buy a flat head plunger. Specifically flat head.
Spoiler:
Show

It sounds like the most boring piece of advice ever, but trust me, it's so useful.

What's your advice?
I'm sure this will could come in handy one day - great thread idea.

My advice to others would be don't change yourself for anyone and stay true to who you are. The world would be boring if we were all the same.
Last edited by TriplexA; 4 weeks ago
meddad
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago

I'll start...

Spoiler:
Show

What's your advice?
I believe your advice may also be applicable to a severe bout of constipation.
Icantspeaksmart
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago

I'll start...

Spoiler:
Show

What's your advice?
Do not feed racoons, they have attachment issues...
meddad
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I recently found that WD40 removes stubborn dried in bird poo stains from your car, when all other efforts have failed.
Meduse
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I wrote this on another thread somewhere.

"Quiet people have the loudest minds" (Stephen Hawking)

If you are highly introverted, and prefer to listen and observe rather than speak, that's perfectly fine. You shouldn't be ashamed or feel like you don't belong in social settings. Quiet people do tend to be very intuitive and reflective, which is an attribute, if anything.
ROTL94 2
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Boiled water is great for unclogging drains.
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TriplexA)

My advice to others would be don't change yourself for anyone and stay true to who you are. The world would be boring if we were all the same.
PRSOM
Scotney
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
If given roses cut the stems off about 4cm from end BUT do it under water and leave to stand for half an hour before putting in vase. Ensures buds fully open.
Tulips should be left in wrapping and ties and placed in water for 2hours before arranging. Avoids flowers going floppy.
iArcanic
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
my advice would be to keep moving forward. no matter how bad the situation is, no matter what happened in your past, if you have a goal, keep pursuing it relentlessly, and i promise that you will eventually reach it.
the bear
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
clunk click every trip
Wired_1800
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
“When you grow up you tend to get told the world is the way it is and your job is just to live your life inside the world. Try not to bash into the walls too much. Try to have a nice family life, have fun, save a little money.

That's a very limited life. Life can be much broader once you discover one simple fact, and that is - everything around you that you call life, was made up by people that were no smarter than you. And you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use.

The minute that you understand that you can poke life and actually something will, you know if you push in, something will pop out the other side, that you can change it, you can mold it. That's maybe the most important thing. It's to shake off this erroneous notion that life is there and you're just gonna live in it, versus embrace it, change it, improve it, make your mark upon it.

I think that’s very important and however you learn that, once you learn it, you'll want to change life and make it better, cause it's kind of messed up, in a lot of ways. Once you learn that, you'll never be the same again.”

By Steve Jobs
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Listen to Baz Luhrmann's advice:

https://youtu.be/sTJ7AzBIJoI
gtty123
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Take care of your mental health as well as physical health.
Driving_Mad
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Time is precious, don’t waste your time missing out on things and doing nothing. It’s hard to claw back, you miss out on great moments and important life skills / lessons.

Spending all your time studying does nothing and means nothing. Exam results are pointless when you’re deeply unhappy having been locked away for the duration of your life.

Once the time has gone, it has gone forever.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TriplexA)

What if the person is a paedophile, racist, Tankie, or a sadist?
tinyperson
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Make the most of being small
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by gjd800)
What if the person is a paedophile, racist, Tankie, or a sadist?
They can start their own 'PRTS r us' social club and host their weekly meetings every thursday afternoon at Speakers' Corner.
Keep the uk police & social workers, probation service, satirical artists and half the world's intelligence agencies very busy. :cool:
tb117
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Make the most of the time you have when you're at school. It's time you'll never, ever, get back.
And don't slack off. Don't make the same mistake I did, and then pay for it in College.
yeet_21
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (9)
42.86%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (5)
23.81%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
9.52%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (1)
4.76%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
14.29%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
4.76%

Watched Threads