referencing

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
This was really silly of me...

My module leader said that we did not need to reference in our assignment, so I thought he meant that we could cite sources but didn't need to include the reference for them. However, I now think that he meant we didn't need to cite at all. Now it just looks silly because I only included the reference list for half of my sources (because I wasn't bothered to reference the other sources). I know I should've included the whole reference list but what can I do now... Is it definite that I'll lose marks for this?
Shawn2006
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

My module leader said that we did not need to reference in our assignment, so I thought he meant that we could cite sources but didn't need to include the reference for them. However, I now think that he meant we didn't need to cite at all. Now it just looks silly because I only included the reference list for half of my sources (because I wasn't bothered to reference the other sources). I know I should've included the whole reference list but what can I do now... Is it definite that I'll lose marks for this?
I'm not a teacher, but if I was then I would mark you off for it. Hope this helps!
Shawn2006
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(also i got a "first" reward for that so thanks!)
Advertisement
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago

You could talk to your teacher about misunderstanding what he meant by the instructions he gave. I'm sure he'll be understanding, it's just that time of year when everyone's too drained and tired and people realise things centuries later.
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Surprised if they have stated you did not need to reference. If you don't need to reference then you should not be marked down for providing only half the references and not the others.
Advertisement
cheadle
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
It does seem an odd instruction, as referencing is a core skill at uni. Was this a verbal remark by the tutor to the whole class? I would go back to the assignment brief - does it ask you to reference any sources cited directly or indirectly in the essay?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by cheadle)
It does seem an odd instruction, as referencing is a core skill at uni. Was this a verbal remark by the tutor to the whole class? I would go back to the assignment brief - does it ask you to reference any sources cited directly or indirectly in the essay?
my module leader sent an email to everyone because someone asked about whether we needed to reference.
Advertisement
Jessica Mn
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago

If he said that then no you shouldn't lose marks. Also, you should tell your leader that there was a misunderstanding
cheadle
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I agree - email the tutor to cover yourself.
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads